Fresh imports

kyle_d

Member +
Didnt know where to post this, is this the general question section?

I am wondering how do you go about getting a fresh import from japan, and is it cheaper or more expensive than buying one off a member or garage?

I'm not gonna be getting one for a while yet so i dont need someone to get me one just yet but im just thinking in advance.

Thanks, Kyle.

kyle_d

Member +
Fook. That sounds complicated and expensive lol. The extra fees just for bringing it over here are ridiculous! Then you have delivery fees plus all the road legal fees too.

Plus i can imagine it isnt a very quick process either, i would have to sell my car before buying one so i would be without a car until i recieved the car and got it all legalised so i doubt this will be an option for me. But handy information to know for the future and interesting to know how it is done!

Thanks mate.

mcleod

Member +
you'd be better either buying one thats just been imported which would make you the first owner or buying one thats been cared for off a starlet website.

kyle_d

Member +
I will probabley buy one off the forum, i bought my last car off the owners club forum :) Usually the best way.

cole

Member +
I will probabley buy one off the forum, i bought my last car off the owners club forum :) Usually the best way.

take it from all the threads youve got your heart set on a starlet now then kyle

if i was you and was in no rush to get 1 id try save up as much as i can and buy 1 thats already got alot of the " big " mods on it

will save you alot of money and hasle but then again thats all part of the fun :rockon:

kyle_d

Member +
Definately mate. It's been the top of the list all the time but as I don't know much about specific models of cars I kept my options open and found out a few other options but from research, the starlet is the only turbo car I'm gonna get insured on. And I really want the turbo as I just wanna hear the sound of a turbo and all the stuff you can do to them.

Yeah hopefully I can get one with some of the more expensive stuff such as the gages and BOV as i wouldnt really know what to get with stuff like that. We'll just see how much I can manage to save. Need to get some quotes too but most places won't give you a quote in advance unless u actually have the extra NCB and stuff. Iv PMd skyinsurance to ask him if there are any restrictions on my area with their company.

Rumel786

Member +
insurance would not be a problem.with the money u said ur willing to spend on one ul pick one up that is pretty decent to be honest.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
If you're going to import, and don't want to do it yourself, then use a trader with good reputation to get one for you. That way, you get to choose the one you want, and just have to collect it when it's all registered, MOT'd and taxed. The exchange rates isn't too good at the moment, but good cars can still be got from Japan for reasonable prices if you know where to look.

If you don't import, then just make sure you know what you're looking for, as they're are some right mingers out there, and that includes some dealers who are bringing over tat and selling them cheap (remember, you always get what you pay for...).

kyle_d

Member +
I live in Leeds but I won't be buying until December as I'm waiting until I'm 21.

Okay thanks for very useful information. Not only does it help me with this car but for any import I get in the future.

I'll be looking at spending around 3-3500 not much more as I will have to find the deposit for insurance too which will be a bit.

y3Lo

Member +
If you're going to import, and don't want to do it yourself, then use a trader with good reputation to get one for you. That way, you get to choose the one you want, and just have to collect it when it's all registered, MOT'd and taxed. The exchange rates isn't too good at the moment, but good cars can still be got from Japan for reasonable prices if you know where to look.

If you don't import, then just make sure you know what you're looking for, as they're are some right mingers out there, and that includes some dealers who are bringing over tat and selling them cheap (remember, you always get what you pay for...).

never a truer word spoke, i rushed in a bought mine pretty cheap, paintwork is utter sh!t, engine's fairly good though so far, a lot of cleaner examples out there though

ChrisGT

Member +
I think the more pressing matter is...GT or Glanza?

I think you should rep me for introducing you to the wonderful world of TGTT, you'll grow to love it.

bilz

Member +
I think the more pressing matter is...GT or Glanza?

I think you should rep me for introducing you to the wonderful world of TGTT, you'll grow to love it.

True

if it helps kyle am your age, will be turning 21 in dec, got my glanza back in august and it was a bitch to insure.

i know you going to buy your starlet when you 21 which will make your insurance cheaper but a GT seems to be the cheaper easier car to insure

hope that helps if so add rep for me pls:p

kyle_d

Member +
Sorry mate i thought i did rep you in another thread, i will definately do that right now.

Link me to a pic with some pics of yours in please :) I wanna check it out.

I will decide what to get in the time between now and getting one, i have long enough :p but at the moment, i still like glanzas more.

I just love the white ones and the bluey silver ones :cool:

I'll come along to a few meets and see some different ones and stuff!

kyle_d

Member +
True

if it helps kyle am your age, will be turning 21 in dec, got my glanza back in august and it was a bitch to insure.

i know you going to buy your starlet when you 21 which will make your insurance cheaper but a GT seems to be the cheaper easier car to insure

hope that helps if so add rep for me pls:p

yeah iv heard GTs are cheaper to insure before aswell, plus GTs arent restricted in gears 1+2 like glanzas either. There's + and - for both so i'll take my time on deciding :) See a few examples in the flesh of each and stuff.

If you dont mind me asking what did you pay and how many NCB etc...

thanks +1 rep 4 u