Fro's GT Turbo Detail

Chris.Stewart

Member +
Finally got round to looking through about 500 pics and making a thread!

A few months ago Fro asked me to detail his starlet, so here's some pics and write up of what i did!

This is what it looked like when it arrived at mine:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

First of all the car was thoroughly powerhosed then soaked in foam: (hyper wash with r222 added to the mix to remove any existing protection)

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

And rinsed:

DSC_0031.jpg

The usual wash process was carried out, then soaked in tardis to remove tar spots, wiped down, washed again, then rinsed and rolled into the garage for claying: (werkstat auto shampoo and 2bm used for wash, blackfire clay and lubricant for claying process)

DSC_0039-1.jpg

Once it was clayed, it was taken back outside for a final wash before the polishing stages, Polishing pics in no particular order: (mainly menz 203s with menz or lake country polishing pads with da polisher)

DSC_0058.jpg

Bonnet:

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

Roof:

DSC_0091.jpg

Headlights were brightened up!:

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

50/50 on roof:

DSC_0136.jpg

Tailgate was brightened up a bit:

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg

Front bumper corrected:

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

Looking good!

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

Very glossy!

DSC_0273.jpg

Engine bay wiped down:

DSC_0287.jpg

Dusted down:

DSC_0294.jpg

After IPA wipedown and inspection:

DSC_0301.jpg

Finished photos: (after blackfire paint sealant and midnight sun wax applied, exhaust tip was polished with autosol and sealed with blackfire too)

DSC_0318.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

Beading shots!

519.jpg

520.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
Chris i really do hate you :p

Stunning work. I may be in touch depending on when i can get this car booked in fir a respray....
Need mine looking bonny for the start of the season.

Oh and i could get cars for you to do down here aswell?

Chris.Stewart

Member +
Chris i really do hate you :p

Stunning work. I may be in touch depending on when i can get this car booked in fir a respray....
Need mine looking bonny for the start of the season.

Oh and i could get cars for you to do down here aswell?

Haha i was just waiting for a reply from you mate!

Good stuff! Aye just let me know :)

Could do, however this one took me 3-4 days as i've got uni through the week and work weekends! will sort something out tho dude :)

Chris.Stewart

Member +
cheers for the comments folks!

missed out a lot of stages, like wheels, before, after and 50/50s of doors and wings etc but i was ready to throw my laptop out the window after getting pissed off with photobucket for the past half hour haha!

Looks another good job bud, although didn't you tell me you rubbed your bell on the steering wheel for a laugh? (lies)

Do you charge for this is just do it for fun?

Fro

Member +
Looks another good job bud, although didn't you tell me you rubbed your bell on the steering wheel for a laugh? (lies)

Do you charge for this is just do it for fun?

FPMSL :haha: we came to an agreement!!

Cheers for putting this up Chris, still don't think pics do it justice to how it looked in the flesh! And don't lie, you spent 3 or 4 full days on it :p
Also I can't see all the pics on my phone, you haven't uploaded the pics of the gun show have you!? :haha:

Chris.Stewart

Member +
lol at cat's post haha!

haha yeah the car came up no bad! what gun show pic Fro? i was so fed up looking through all 500 of them i must have missed it out! post it up! lol

Fro

Member +
excellent work! just goes to show there is alot of cleaning after you think its clean!

I know, it use to look clean but you see in the 50/50 on the bonnet how gray it actually was.

I can see all the pics now, love those beading ones! That reflection of me in the door looks like ive borrowed someone elses arm :haha: