fuel comsuption

whiteglanzav

Member +
wots ur setup - what model of starlet do you have ? how do you drive ? how many miles are you getting ? . . . . . . .

whiteglanzav

Member +
just recieved this message

i dont know thw set up as i recently bought it, its a Lreg starlet gt turbo, i drive very concervative and fuel consuption is 150 miles to the tank.
it has a fuel reulator on and an after market induction kit. the car has just been serviced millers oil, irdium plugs, oil and fuel filter all belts thermoist . regards

if you hit reply on the bottom of this page it easier to reply matey ;)

hmmmm do you have a picture of the engine bay so we could see if there is anything else under there tha would make some difference - 150 miles to a tank is not very good - to your knowlegde is the car pretty standard, - if it is and the fpr is setup wrong and making it really rich - this could be part of the problem . . . .

jehovah1960

Member +
how do u put pictures on thhis site has i new matey? yes the car is standard, the only other thing is that i havent changes the fuel filter as first thought and it looks pertty old. to be honest i wouldnt know as this is my first starlet gt turbo. my mate told to take and have 2 censors 2 see see how the fuel is being used and how rich the mixture is. regards

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Your fuel filter needing changed wont cause you to get only 150miles per tank on a nearly standard GT, thats the mileage you should expect on a GT with over 300bhp per tank.

cheshireglanza

**Do not buy from me**
i have this same problem took jam fcd and sard fpr off to see if it would help no joy,lamba sensor is working fine,think i get 120 miles to a tank running fmic hybrid turbo on standard boost

cheshireglanza

**Do not buy from me**
i have had all this checked but still 120 miles to a tank
lamba sensor
timing
took back to standard to see if jam fcd was causing it
sard fpr removed
its engine that has been just built two but it over fuel before engine was rebuilt

davidgt

Member +
fuck 120 miles that must be hard on the pocket mate,,,i get 120miles for 20euro under half a tank,one of my mates had a problem like this before may ask
him what the problem was...