Fuel Delivery problem- Some help would be appreciated.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Hey Guys,

How do i go about explaining the situation.

Bascially when i get in my car and start driving after about 10 min or so once the car has warmed up i starts to judder. I have an AEM Wideband and i can see that when it judders it is basically going to lean 17/18 so i back off bearing in mind i am littereally only using 4-6% of the injector cycle so really not even putting my foot on the peddle.

It would appear that it is being starved of fuel so i thought ok maybe its the spark plugs at first may have been damaged from the track day. I replaced this still no differece. I then thought that maybe it is the fuel pump causing issues so i put the stock on back in and it still does it.

I am running out of options really all i can then think of is perhaps the Fuel filter is blocked and not allowing enough fuel to enter or perhaps the injectors are dirty.

What else would you guys feel is the problem ?

Regards
Dane

GTdan

In The Closet
has it just started to happen??if so has anything changed with regards to set up? ecu not reset itself (i know u running piggyback), or boost been turned up?

Dane_Bristol

Member +
has it just started to happen??if so has anything changed with regards to set up? ecu not reset itself (i know u running piggyback), or boost been turned up?

Started to happen 2 days after approx of the track day. Running a Power FC bud. Boost has not been touched.

fuel filter....also...maybe check if u have a fuel pressure regulator
any injector issues
check fuel lines to see if leaking under pressure
boost pressure sensor (MAP sensor)

maybe be electrical connectioins on injectors/ecu

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Yeah i am going to have to check it out although my FPR does not have a guage on it. I will double check the ECU connections as i know that the loom on it it a little touchy which makes me think it could possibly be contributing to this disruption.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
id agree with gaz seems like a map issue, or electrical fault, sure your map sensor is ok?

I am going to have to double check it not sure why it would be causing an issue as it is pretty secure and is only 2 months old which ahs worked fine up untill 2 days ago, suppose anything can happen with electrical stuff.

MentaLEP91

Member +
my car was doing that only under boost but I changed the spark plugs and it got away.

do u have a datalogger on the car mate?
imo change the fuel filter and try to measure the fuel pressure preferably to get an in-car fuel pressure gauge to monitor the f.p. on boost and off boost.

also check the resistance of the injectors.

weakboy2

Member +
Nightmare dane! sounds like a blockage to me, you'd be hard pushed to trim 550's down that much! lol.

Usually when the map sensor packs up it runs very rich, unless the voltage is stuck on a low setting. I would double check the ecu harness if you already know it to be dodgy mate

artmull

Member +
Have a look at the relay for the fuel pump as well.

If the relay for the fuel pump was bad the car would not start or run. A good and clean fuel filter is very important. I have seen NA engines destroyed by a dirty/clogged fuel filter. I would suggest checking your dodgy wire loom and also the FPR. An adjustable FPR with a gauge will help you to pinpoint a problem easily.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Ok so i have played around with the ECU wires and placed it firmly in place as it was a little loose. It would appear that there is no more fuling or juddering or lean mixtures occuring. I have been up and down a few duals and normal driving all seems ok so far will just monitor it. Thanks for all the help people much appreciated.

Sigma

Member +
I have not as of yet but it is the next list of things to do i have not changed the fuel filter since i bought the car so it might actually be worth doing.

You've spent how much on the engine?

And never changed a £10 filter?

Dane, *shakes head*

Major Tut.