Fuel Pressure

As title says im setting up my Glanza after tuning it for fuel pressure!

So as far as im concerned(and through little search on here) 2.3 bar is the standard fuel pressure for the 4efte engine, right? so i have a SARD FPR to set pressure and i want to know if 2.3bar must be made with the vacuum line disconnected or connected please? so i can begin from there. Then i will go step after the other with boost and fuel pressure with all the supporting mods obviously!
Any help will be appreciated guys thanks in advance. as im going to set it up tomorrow :)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
with the sard u must ALWAYS have the vacum line connected, thats how we setup ours & weve been doing it that way for ages now ;)

for 1bar on a ct9 u need about 42~45psi ... (here in malta lol)

kon

ok buddy so 2.3bar (standard) with vacuum line connected on idle is the way to go! Yes i will run with standard fuel press. and boost for now for some period of 'running in' after head rebuilt etc then i will go up to 0.9bar afterwards (for now), so it must be something around 3bar with that boost like you said with vacuum line connected always!
Cheers buddy and thanks alot eh.

HYBRID

no prob gorg :D lol

ifem for 0.9bar u can run 2.8bar of fuel pressure, it will be more than enough ;)

kon

yes i think its enough! but we will see precisely when we setting it up later on (hopefully soon) when the hybrid and clutch arrives :)

im a bit concerned! Im running 0.8 bar of boost and the FPR setted to 3 bar but still the spark plugs are a bit greyish that means a bit lean they turned in brownish colour (means a balanced mixture) when i setted to 3.8bar! Is it excessive fuel pressure to the boost im running or just normal?

HYBRID

well thats very excessive pressure bro.. u dont want to run more than 3.0bar on the ct9 at that boost ... ull risk on one of the stock 295cc injectors or oem fuel pump failing..

what heat range plugs are u running? also what timing is it set at & what is the fcd ur using? if its hks u dont need it on a setting lower than 8 :)

kon

Jay

Admin
As Kon says, that's high pressure for under fuelcut.

Dare I say it, it's worth popping a wideband on there and using an accurate reading to tune the setup accordingly. In my experience every car and setup is different.

Tune to your needs, not somebody elses.

Jay

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you can trust a tuner then yes. its always good to know evberything fine and your car isnt going to blow itself up ;)

im going to get one!

im using heat range 7 Denso iridium plugs mate! I thought its a bit excessive pressure yes. im using an HKS fcd setted up to 8.
Any other opinions welcome guys

Im bosting at 11.6psi and never hitted fuel cut! Timing is standard also, like injectors and fuel pump and that is why im concerned! Does heat range of the plugs do any differences in fuel /air mixture when ignited? as plugs became to go brownish in colour at 3.5bar of fuel press :S

nexia201

Member +
Kon if my fuel pump has a pressure of 45psi 3.1bar will it be good for 14psi boost as i was told that i need to change my fuel pump to put boost up as it is the Aygo oe unit? so if i put a fpr to keep more pressure on the fuel rail i will be able to boost 1 bar?

HYBRID

ok so... for the ct9 we have never found a gt/glanza that has needed more than 3bar fuel pressure on the stock pump & inujectors..

What LPH does ur pump have on the aygo dude? coz thats whats most important...

Kon

nexia201

Member +
ok so... for the ct9 we have never found a gt/glanza that has needed more than 3bar fuel pressure on the stock pump & inujectors..

What LPH does ur pump have on the aygo dude? coz thats whats most important...

Kon

thats a problem as i dont know the flow ! it had a regulator fitted on the pump but that was removed , i will try to find how much it flows.