fuel protests

monka

Member +
any one joining, or even any truckers on here going to london today? i think we need to do one as well,

what would the twats in parliment do if every modified/car enthusiast in the country headed to the centre of london? i'm sure there would be a shit load of chaos and money lost, which is a bit like what is happening to us now anyway. lol

Ted

Member +
yea fuel price is a joke. gordon brown says if he puts the tax lower then he has to find the money from somewhere else but thats just a con.

all the extra tax he gets from a higher priced fuel was not budgeted for. its all extra money. he should give it back and cancel the proposed 2p extra too.

its ruining the country

Nwimie

Member +
gordon brown is a knob all he has done is raise tax :(

fuel protests today on the M4 rolling road block :) also protests in london.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Yeah, road tax to go up soon too. Piss take considering the quality or repair work done.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
lol exactly, just because fuel tax has risen doesnt mean its been taken off anywhere else?

just goes in his retirement fund.

i personally think about fucking time we reacted, heard on the news this morning it costs 1000 a time to fill up a lorry!

monka

Member +
lol exactly, just because fuel tax has risen doesnt mean its been taken off anywhere else?

just goes in his retirement fund.

i personally think about fucking time we reacted, heard on the news this morning it costs 1000 a time to fill up a lorry!

no, its costs £1000 a week now on fuel for one lorry, up from £650 just 6 months ago.

fucking ridiculas

stuart

Member +
Its America (i heard) soon as fuel goes up by a small margin they kick off and block petrol stations etc...but oh no over here we just let it happen :(

Going up by another 2p soon too - along with cost of living etc - so everything else goes up due to the fuel going up, fuck me its £1.35 for a loaf of bread nowdays

Speed Freak

Fresh Recruit
If we got a group of modified cars to go into London to protest about the rise in fuel costs, they would just get the cops to do a vehicle inspection on everyone and fine peopel for stupid things!

I do agree though, its getting stupid now. I went to my local petrol station one day and it was £1.01 for V Power. The following week, it was £1.19!

Gilly2006

Member +
i heard about the M4 road block! i was surprosed to be driving to and around london on thursday i think, which if this carries on i gona be stuck in traffic for hours! gordon brown is rly rly starting to take the piss now, the diesel at the service station when i filled the van up was 131.9!!! its a rip off!!! i put a tenner of diesel in and i only got 7.5 liters!!

monka

Member +
If we got a group of modified cars to go into London to protest about the rise in fuel costs, they would just get the cops to do a vehicle inspection on everyone and fine peopel for stupid things!

I do agree though, its getting stupid now. I went to my local petrol station one day and it was £1.01 for V Power. The following week, it was £1.19!

a risk i would gladly take, nothing illegal on my car,

and there is no where near going to be enough coppers to check thousands and thousands of cars

EP82

Member +

Tis a piss take you even have to pay Congestion charges to go there and protest!

Kev

Member +
Yeah, road tax to go up soon too. Piss take considering the quality or repair work done.

At least we fall into the lower price brackets being a 1.3 as regarding the tax!

but I agree the cost of fuel, tax, insurance etc is getting out of hand. I paid £1.33 per litre for BP Ultimate the other day, only a few weeks back it was £1.25, still expensive at that! Seems every few weeks it creeps up!

Kev

Speed Freak

Fresh Recruit
Exactly!!

I know that it would take thousands of police to check all the cars, but I quite believe that they would give it a damn good try!