fuel pump from starlet n/a conversion? ?

shane01

Member +
hello

got an issue with my engine magagment light coming on when im puttin my toe down.
i did swap the glanza pump the inside but not any of the sender(eletrics), from the other pump cause the tank cap was a diffrent shape if you know what i mean.

basicly would just swappin the pump be enought or is there something diffrent with the sender?, when i mean pump im talkin about the shiny canister inside.

i had the setup runnin with no issue in the glanza and its burnin alot of oil recently.

251711_10150638273440434_675835433_19240258_5811323_n.jpg

Last edited:

Texx

Super Moderator
Check which code the ECU has stored, it'll give you some indication of what the cause might be.

shane01

Member +
thanks for the quick reply but
i forgot how to read the code? i know it can be done with a paper clip but not sure where to place them or how to go about it.,

but would that be an issue on the fuel pump?

Jay

Admin
The assembley shouldn't be an issue so long as the pump itself has been changed. Run a diagnostic test and report back with the codes mate.

Jay

Rob H

Member +
did you fit the turbo map sensor when you fitted the engine that would cause the same problem you are having if its still using the n/a one.

shane01

Member +
did you fit the turbo map sensor when you fitted the engine that would cause the same problem you are having if its still using the n/a one.

pretty sure cause i swaped the whole loom over mate! i never had any wires spare or anything., gotta figure out how to read those codes

Rob H

Member +
the map sensor is bolted to the bulk head of the car to the left of the chassis plate did ya unbolt it and fit the one from the turbo car? thats what I was asking the n/a and the turbo have them if you left the n/a one on that would cause you problems.