Fueling up to a bar - any one just put a fcd and had it rr'd??

monka

Member +
we all know one thing about our cars, and thats that the ecu's do run crazily rich. but one thing most people do when going up to a bar of boost on just a ct9 is to get a rrfpr fitted and it put on the rr.

but has anyone just set the boost controller to a bar, and then got it checked on the rr? as i do remember reading somewhere but cant find it now, that apparently jam used to sell their fcd and the 1 bar actuator as a set that you could just put on the car and off you go? as because there fcd was clamp type, the ecu was running rich enough so that fuelling doesnt need adjustment?

anyone else remember reading this/hearing it?

edit - any ep noobs reading this, DONT GO AND GET A FCD AND A BOOST CONTROLLER THEN GO DRIVING ABOUT, ALWAYS GET THE FUELING CHECKED,

CMR

Member +
Its correct regarding the JAM actuator + FCD package.

In theory it could be fine, if anything some cars may still run slightly rich at 1 bar with a clamp fcd compared to what some tuners will tune to AFR wise.

Never seen any proof as in AFR printouts on here though.

monka

Member +
yeah i'd like to see some one with an rr graph, just dont think ever will, as it seems rule of thumb if going over 0.8 to put a rrfpr on.

hardcoreep

Member +
The clamp type doesnt create an error across the fueling curve. You cannot do that with the resistor type FCD. So when the car hits the fuel cut it just keeps fueling as if it was at 13psi. On a CT9 this will not be a problem running 15psi.

monka

Member +
yeah thats what i mean using a clamp type, i'm sure it was prob done it japan, but any one done it over here and got it all checked?

CMR

Member +
Didnt think so, I remember seeing some AFR graphs of a completely stock car on a ct9 and the fueling on it was mega rich as standard

Chris@CCM

Member +
ive uses all hks and jam fcds seen some jam fuel ok and really lean so never thing there ok you NEED to get the fueling checked its a must. with the stock ecu runig just under cut it will be very rich tho at stock boost there fine

bucketep91

Member +
im having a clamp type put on next week with my fpr by duncan at hypertech, ill ask him about it when i go and ill ask him to run it with and without the fpr if its not too much hassle for him and if he thinks it will be safe

Jay

Admin
ive uses all hks and jam fcds seen some jam fuel ok and really lean so never thing there ok you NEED to get the fueling checked its a must. with the stock ecu runig just under cut it will be very rich tho at stock boost there fine

x2

You need the fuelling checked every step of the way. Some cars respond fine, others lean out to breaking point.

I know of one EP82 running a GT spec Tong ct9 with just a Jam actuator and FCC daily for over 6 months now. Fuelling is fine (albeit at the limits of the stock parameters).

Chris@CCM

Member +
x2

You need the fuelling checked every step of the way. Some cars respond fine, others lean out to breaking point.

I know of one EP82 running a GT spec Tong ct9 with just a Jam actuator and FCC daily for over 6 months now. Fuelling is fine (albeit at the limits of the stock parameters).
yup and theres mine with a ct9 leaning way way out ever step lads it will save u money in the end i only charge 10 pounds for a fueling check so its far from dear