Gauges

96v

Member +
iv just ordered a toytuning triple piller pod and wad wondering which 3 gauges are the most important to put in?? obviously the boost gauge, but then wot??? oil pressure? oil temp?? water temp???

Idrees

Banned
As above. I wanted to keep 3 gauges so it doesn't look tacky but in the end I opted for Boost, Oil Pressure, Oil temp and Water temp.

96v

Member +
hmmmmmm, just wot i was thinkin!! my car isnt all that highly modified at the mo, so wld there be much point in wiring these gauges up???
and with regards to it only being a 3 gauge holder, wher have you put the 4th???

Glanza_cl

Member +
it's always good to see what the car is doing regardless of the level of modifications :)

the 4th gauge could just mount near the steering wheel or you could mount it in a din panel near the cd player.

96v

Member +
that is ture, anyone recommend and makes of gauge?? i have an autogauge boost gauge at the mo, do these tend to work ok or shall i spend a little more on gettin some better known makes?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
Boost, oil pressure, wideband & egt.. the rest u can do without ;)

starlet666

Member +
i used to sell autometer guages and mate the were awesome.... i personally run stewart warner boost and oil pressure guages in mine and on the steering coloum i run a b&m fuel pressure guage and a drift afr guage... looks pretty neat and all work well.... its all about prefrence though.... what u like someone else wont so pick what suits ur car and ur taste

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Boost, oil pressure, wideband & egt.. the rest u can do without ;)

Oi temp is pretty important I'd say, if your on track your afr's may be fine but the oil could be at shearing point and doing no good for the engine, kinda useful to know if thats happening.;)

96v

Member +
do the gauges from halfords work just aswell as say greddy tho? cuz obviously id rather not spend £200 on 1 gauge wen i cld get 2 for that price

Glanza_cl

Member +
i would say save and get some decent gauges, i have hks and apexi and there much much better then the auto gauges i had before :)

Glanza_cl

Member +
yeah Dave on here (TM-Developments) does different gauges.

check ebay out they go cheap on there, also check the for sale section or put up a wanted thread loads of people have them for sale :)

goldenvtr

Member +
ive got the autogauge stepper motor seies, geart pirce and great guage, they link together too so only need one set of power and earthing