Gearbox removal guide,quick question

thechomper

Member +
hows it going lads ,going to be trying to replace the gearbox next week,not a mechanic but no job and no money to pay anyone to do it and to much time on my hands and ive done most of the work on my car anyway ,just in the guide the 3 bolts on the lower arm are removed and they say thats how they remove the drive shaft ,would the steering coloum bars needs to be need to be lossened or removed to do so ,or would there be enough play with just the lower arm realised,if that makes since

Jay

Admin
Remove the three bolts that hold the ball joint to the hub Paul, then lever the lower arm down to pull the hub out from the arch. Once that's done you can knock the driveshaft out of the gearbox at the inner CV joint. Remember to drain the gear oil first as it can make things a tad messy lol..

Jay

thechomper

Member +
Thanks Jay ,as always top info ,so no need to touch the steering coloum arm attached to the hub,just lower the lower the arm and it should knock out then,i tell ye once one thing goes wrong the list follows on

STARLET N/A

Member +
i would also reccomend that you dont do it by yourself. get someone to help you when it comes to removing and putting the gear box back in.

unless you have all the right tools it becomes difficult to support the gearbox safley and sliding out and back in.

are you going to do your clutch as well???