Glanza cluster into uk n/a

chall

Member +
Im carrying out a turbo conversion on my N/A EP91 and have bought a Glanza dash cluster for it. What wires are needing swapped or added in order to get it all working? (tach, boost lights etc etc)

cheers

Jay

Admin
I think the easiest approach is to just swap the engine and dash looms from a V into her mate. Wiring melts my head so plug and play is a serious bonus.

chall

Member +
nah, ive got an ep82 ecu and engine loom. i'll just adapt what ive got as it will be easier than trying to find glanza ecu and looms and alot cheaper too

Fishy89GT

Banned
well its obvious...trying to plug a Glanza Cluster into a GT Loom is going to be a mission and hard to get working...i think the answer is trial and error, as no one seems to of done it

Jay

Admin
It's a pain in the ass just thinking about it mate..

First question, Do you current dash loom connectors fit the glanza dash cluster?

chall

Member +
yes, its an ep91 i have which means the glanza cluster plugs in and i have an ep82 engine loom and ecu.

seriously tho i dont mind wiring as the last conversion i did i rewired the n/a loom to work the ep82 ecu

i found instructions on rewiring the dash loom to fit SR and Paseo clocks into a non tacho starlet so it may be the same as that barr the boost light but im not really fussed about them

weeJohn

Lifer
I did the rev counter dials into a non rev counter Starlet before, all the wires i needed were there but not in the right order.

I did it by looking at the printed board/film on the back of the dials. All the copper tracks in the film were labelled at one end, where the screws went through to the dials, allowing me to work out what pin on what plug went where, on both sets of dials. I then sat with both diagrams I had made of the plugs and worked out what wires needed moving. The wires can be released from the plugs with their connectors still on them. They have a small "barb" that hold them in the plug, use a pin to push the barb down and you can pull it out.

Guessing the boost dial wires wont be there, they will need running, probably from the ecu.

Sounds complicated but sit with both sets of dials in front of you and a man of your experience will do it easy Chall.

Last edited:

chall

Member +
nice one mate, knowing they are marked on the dials will make it a whole lot easier!! and i also thot that about the boost guage aswell

cheers