Glanza Engine Exploded?

RosscoMann

Member +
my glanza v randomly exploded today:(.

Was Driving Along And Changed From 3rd To 4th And I Got A Massive Bang And Loads Of Smoke! Got Out The Car And there Was Oil Pouring Out The Bottom.

Anybody Have Any Idea What Could Have Happend? Thanks

RosscoMann

Member +
was doing about 60mph in 4th then it went pop. yeah people said it could be that. would that be realy expensive to fix?

RosscoMann

Member +
could do will get it to the garage and see what the damage is. got a feeling it will be bad my lucks been balls lately:(. not realy got the funds just now, how much or a rough idea would a new engine cost. sorry for all the questions ive only had my glanza for 4 days and im new to this forum lol.

scot-ish

Member +
id say your oil pump went and you blew a rod through your block

was my words when he told me.

have you got a fcd fitted? you said you wer high up the revs, and you wer changing gear, 3rd at 60mph aint high revs.

they pics dont show much, have you seen much damage around the rear of the block?

RosscoMann

Member +
there doesnt seem to be any damage atall to the block I looked right round it with a torch and didnt see any hole :S

RosscoMann

Member +
ive not tryed starting it dont want to cause any further damage. got it towed to a garage so should find out what the fucks happnin tommorow sometime. will let use know.

Rory

Lifer
What garage have you taking it to in Arbroath?

List all of your modifications.
I may be able to help, im out at Inverkeilor.