Glanza fuel light questions

Brad

Fresh Recruit
howdy all..

It's Brad here , the Admin/mod from AU starlet club..

got a question for all you glanza people...

i did a full glanza conversion on my aussie EP91 ages ago , but have had this issue i wanted to ask some genune glanza owners...

regarding your low fuel warning light , when roughly does it come on ?
is the guage near the quarter line , or is it quite close to the E when it comes on...
just to give me an idea really , as i have not seen mine come on...

also when you turn the key to the "ON" position and all the dash lights come on , does the fuel light come on then ?
mine doesn't , which could be the reason why it's not working..

im using the dash loom , fuse box and engine looms in my EP91 , and everything has been perfect with it..
my issue could be as easy as a blown globe in the cluster , hence the reason it does not come on when the key is in the ON position..dunno...

but then again , i'm under the impression that the glanza has a low level fuel light , because i can see it in the cluster... as the aussie EP91 cluster does not have one..

cheers...
Brad..

Nippon

Member +
Howdy.

The fuel light doesnt come on when you turn the ignition to the on position.
It comes on when the needle on the fuel guage get to about half way between 1/4 and empty.

Try running your fuel down to nearly empty and see what happens.

MD

Brad

Fresh Recruit
i had mine pretty close to the "E" yesterday , to the point where i would of thought the light should be on...

now since mine is a glanza half cut conversion , all the rear looms in the car are from factory , which plugged into the glanza looms and everything just worked..

now just the fuel light , i would be unsure if there is a seperate wire from the tank sender to the dash just to control the fuel light , i highly doubt it..
i would assume that the light will work in connection with the needle position in the cluster..
maybe it's a simple fix such as a blown globe for the fuel light, not sure , but it just seems wierd to me..

ryu

Fresh Recruit
My fuel light won't come on at all.

For some reason about a year ago it stopped.

New bulb didn't help. I took the bulb out again and checked it and it works fine.

Any ideas what has gone wrong? is it something to do with wiring or a sensor?

squeekyduck

Member +
best thing to do is run it till it comes on or else stops. put 5 litres in a can and keep going until one of them happens, then you can go from there.

Glanza-V

Banned
Hi Welcome to TGTT.com

ALSO

to the BEST Site re: Starlets/Glanza on the whole of the NET
:p:p

Average Glanza holds 40Litres

The Light comes on just before the E sign

The petrol Light does not come on when you start the car.

When Petrol light is on, u can get easy an extra 20miles of it. (easy Driving)

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Hi Welcome to TGTT.com

ALSO

to the BEST Site re: Starlets/Glanza on the whole of the NET

Average Glanza holds 40Litres

The Light comes on just before the E sign

The petrol Light does not come on when you start the car.

When Petrol light is on, u can get easy an extra 20miles of it. (easy Driving)

That supposed to be funny?

Jay

Admin
1. It doesn't light at ignition on.

2. On my auto it'll appear when the needle is touching E. On my 1990 I've never seen it come on despite being similarly low on juice.

Brad

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the info...

i've been a little carefull to take the needle too low , don't wanna push it lol

i havn't had the needle right on E , but it's getting to the point where i thought the light should be on , i dunno..
i wish there was a way to test it , other than running out of fuel :)
there probably is , but i'm not sure how the circuit for the fuel light runs/works..

how low have people had their fuel needles down to ?
do they go under E and still driveable ? :)

Glanza-V

Banned
when the need sits on on E, u can still get some more driving

and the needle does go under, (just a fraction) u can get atlest 7 miles