Glanza help please

97Glanza97

Fresh Recruit
Well I went for a drive with a friend the other day for about 1 hour and when we got back and when the car was idling it was smoking pretty bad. The car had never smoked before that and it hasn't smoked that bad in 2 days since it happened. The breather that's on the car has oil coming out of it quite a bit if you go around boosting everywhere. Now with the car on high boost 9psi it only runs at around 6 or 7 since yesterday and wont change even when you get up to 6000 revs or so

any solutions?

and the smoke is white or it could be blue i diddnt really know at the time

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Well I went for a drive with a friend the other day for about 1 hour and when we got back and when the car was idling it was smoking pretty bad. The car had never smoked before that and it hasn't smoked that bad in 2 days since it happened. The breather that's on the car has oil coming out of it quite a bit if you go around boosting everywhere. Now with the car on high boost 9psi it only runs at around 6 or 7 since yesterday and wont change even when you get up to 6000 revs or so

any solutions?

and the smoke is white or it could be blue i diddnt really know at the time

if its throwing oil from the top breather its not a good sign.

first thing to do is a compression test. and come back with results.

97Glanza97

Fresh Recruit
Compression test done today all coming back at 180 all of them the same

a friend suggested it could be the rings??

97Glanza97

Fresh Recruit
Could it possibly be the turbo?

Could it not be letting enough air out of it and forcing it back through the engine out the breather

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
you will have oil out of the breather even if you boost it in a straight line? or in hard cornering?

if its in hard cornering thats probably why you have oil out of the breather.. and smoke could be turbo if its blueish..

drop the downpipe see if you find any oil in there or the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler..

GT_Chris

Member +
Turbo on its last legs id say?

Only other that u get oil coming out of the breather and in intercooler pipes is when a piston has gone.......but has you said compression test is all ok.

97Glanza97

Fresh Recruit
ok the pressure is back up to normal and it only smokes heaps when u take it for long drives doing lots of revs

So it must be the turbo then?

corofin12345

Member +
afraid so..sounds like bearings are goin mate.. that would bring oil into the intercooler e.t.c... check the turbo and c is there any play on the shafts..

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
So you think it could be piston rings

remember there are 3 sets of rings on the pistons.. if the compression ring is ok your comp test is useless.. if one of the other rings/ or in between (ie ringlands) has failed... oil coming out of the breather is an indication of so.. blue smoke on overrun may also indicate rings/valve stem seals..

kon