Glanza s and starlet difference

jog123456789101112

Fresh Recruit
well lads i was just wondering whats the difference between a glanza s and a normal starlet apart from the looks and all but engine wise and bph and insurance?cheers

Derek

Lifer
Depends what starlet your comparing the glanza s against? the glanza s is 1.3 id say about 80-90 bhp. open to correction on that. also its a jap import so insurance would be more expensive than an irish one mate.

jog123456789101112

Fresh Recruit
rite cheers for the info lads..rite i was tryin to get a quote online with quinn direct and do you know the way you put in the reg and all the details of the car come up it said it was a turbo but it actually isnt do any of you's know whats gone wrong ther?and what will happen if i ring up quinn and they say they have its details down as a turbo and wont insure it as a non turbo? cheers

Derek

Lifer
rite cheers for the info lads..rite i was tryin to get a quote online with quinn direct and do you know the way you put in the reg and all the details of the car come up it said it was a turbo but it actually isnt do any of you's know whats gone wrong ther?and what will happen if i ring up quinn and they say they have its details down as a turbo and wont insure it as a non turbo? cheers

Was in originally a turbo? and the engine could of blown and the previous owner just threw a n/a engine in? It on the log book as a turbo thats why when they put your reg in its coming up as a turbo. Ring them and explain its a non turbo and there must be a mistake on the system. What does the log book say?

Jay

Admin
Glanza S = Japanese import 4EFE (non-turbo) with 85bhp
Glanza V = Japanese import 4EFTE (Turbo) with 133bhp

The S will probably confuse the hell out of Quinn as they are muppets..

jog123456789101112

Fresh Recruit
rit lads just rang up quinn and they told me they cant give me a quote because i was under 21 and they didnt want the reg atal..they asked me was it a glanza v or an glanza s does any body know y they didnt give me a quote?

SupaStu

Member +
I think you need to be over 21 to get insurance on the Glanza with Quinn and at least 2 years ncb, not sure if it applies to the S version tho.

jog123456789101112

Fresh Recruit
Was in originally a turbo? and the engine could of blown and the previous owner just threw a n/a engine in? It on the log book as a turbo thats why when they put your reg in its coming up as a turbo. Ring them and explain its a non turbo and there must be a mistake on the system. What does the log book say?

just found out that the car was a turbo put some1 else threw in a non turbo engine

Jay

Admin
hey lads i was just thinkin would i be still covered if i insured it as a normal starlet 1.3 or would that be the same as having no insurance atal

ALWAYS get it insured for what it is.

Otherwise you will run into problems and insurance problems are usually big.

If for any reason the car is written off you will get paid the value of a normal 1.3. Would you be happy with that? Thought not, neither would I.

It is a Glanza V with a non-turbo engine. Make sure your insurance company understands this and insures it properly mate. It's your ass in the sling if the cover is non-existant.

jog123456789101112

Fresh Recruit
ALWAYS get it insured for what it is.

Otherwise you will run into problems and insurance problems are usually big.

If for any reason the car is written off you will get paid the value of a normal 1.3. Would you be happy with that? Thought not, neither would I.

It is a Glanza V with a non-turbo engine. Make sure your insurance company understands this and insures it properly mate. It's your ass in the sling if the cover is non-existant.

Cheers Jay for the info :) but since its actually a v with a non turbo engine wud this effect my insurance quote?

Last edited:

Glanza-S

Fresh Recruit
Hey Lads Just Got A Glanza S And Got It Insured First Time With Quinn For 3200
And I Only Seventeen So There Is No Reason Why They Should Insure ya

jog123456789101112

Fresh Recruit
rite lads im back to ya again lookin for help..i was just wondering who wil insure me at 17 because quinn wont because its an import so did anybody get insured on a glanza s when they were 17 and who were you with? cheers

Glanza-S

Fresh Recruit
Any Idea Were To Get A Induction Kit 4 Glanza S

I Want 1 Including A air Flow meter as It Is originaly Mounted In The Air Filter Box
Thanks