Glanza V Automatic??

GT_Chris

Member +
Right im deciding to come back to the Starlet/Glanza world, But im tight for cash due to loss of job and only can afford what ever starlet or glanza i can buy from the sale of my current car

Ive been offered a Black Glanza V Turbo Automatic for £1300

Spec
N reg 1996
s/s Manifold
HKS exhaust
blitz induction kit
HKS Turbo timer
Dump Valve
Lowered
Rays Alloys
Tax - Jan 2012
MOT - July 2011

What i really wanna no is what are the automatic glanza's like? ive had a manual one before, and also a manual starlet GT but......i dunno weather to buy this for £1300 keep it and then sell it once i find a new job and then ill be able to buy a nice manual Glanza

Also whats troubling me is how hard are they to sell? and if you been offered it for £1300 is it worth it?

Jay

Admin
Hey Chris,

I personally wouldn't be put off by the autobox but it would take you a good ten/twenty minutes adjusting to the experience. Point and shoot driving, an auto starlet turbo is one of the easiest cars to drive in my opinion. Plus at that spec the car sounds like a bargain. Not dangerous money at all.

Jay

GT_Chris

Member +
Yeh im soo tempted, but if i did have it ill might do a manual conversion if i can source the parts easy

But if i dont, i wanna no how hard they are to sell? cause ive noticed a few Auto's forsale before and they seem to have taken ages to sell

But i suppose it cant be but harder to sell then, trying to sell a Saxo VTS lol

Rev

Member +
The thing is Chris, try it first, if its been set up for a bit more power and faster electronic shfting , you wont want to sell it anyway!

weeJohn

Lifer
At that price, if the car is reasonably clean and not in need of body work is is worth a good look at. As you said you could do the manual conversion and still be money up.

My first EP71 Turbo S Starlet was an auto, I loved it to be honest!

Paul_JJ

Member +
That is way too cheap for an Auto mate! What is the mileage? Come over to MK I'll show you my Auto, you'll be surprised, but yes it is slower than the manual (having same specs)!

GT_Chris

Member +
At that price, if the car is reasonably clean and not in need of body work is is worth a good look at. As you said you could do the manual conversion and still be money up.

My first EP71 Turbo S Starlet was an auto, I loved it to be honest!

Well i need to sell my VTS first which is taking ages to sale due to the stupid high insurance group its got, and the bad rep, even tho tbh there good cars great fun.......but once i have its local the car and ill go see it and see what its all about

That is way too cheap for an Auto mate! What is the mileage? Come over to MK I'll show you my Auto, you'll be surprised, but yes it is slower than the manual (having same specs)!

Mileage is 81k, dunno weather thats in km or miles though...and he said the ray alloys could do with a refurb........if u lived closer mate i would come and see what there like

How much slower then manual are they though? apparently ive heard the auto's are quicker of the line, but weather thats true or not i can not say, as my old Glanza was a manual. and so was my old GT

Paul_JJ

Member +
Chris my car is in good condition and pretty standard shape at the moment - that would be the best comparison for you, I know it's a long drive but may be after seeing my car - you will definitely know that other Glanza has problems, otherwise if you have never seen/driven an auto - you wouldn't know!

I've never seen a Manual Glanza with the same specs as mine so can't comment on that, but off the start line - while the manual can build up revs and then take your foot of the clutch - you can't do it on an auto so the manual would be way ahead off the start line, but then you don't have to change the gears every 1-2 second so you will gain a bit, but will be behind off the start line - though all depends on the mods and engine condition!

What I would do with that Glanza is check it thoroughly before buying - do A compression test and check the gearbox - that could be the reason it's so cheap - normally cars in good condition even auto would be over 2K-3K.

GT_Chris

Member +
Chris my car is in good condition and pretty standard shape at the moment - that would be the best comparison for you, I know it's a long drive but may be after seeing my car - you will definitely know that other Glanza has problems, otherwise if you have never seen/driven an auto - you wouldn't know!

I've never seen a Manual Glanza with the same specs as mine so can't comment on that, but off the start line - while the manual can build up revs and then take your foot of the clutch - you can't do it on an auto so the manual would be way ahead off the start line, but then you don't have to change the gears every 1-2 second so you will gain a bit, but will be behind off the start line - though all depends on the mods and engine condition!

What I would do with that Glanza is check it thoroughly before buying - do A compression test and check the gearbox - that could be the reason it's so cheap - normally cars in good condition even auto would be over 2K-3K.

Yeh i will give it a good check over, and its only local, just on the outskirts of bristol, but before i go look at it i need to bloody sell my VTS, altho going to look at it before i suppose wont cause no harm

But what im worried about is, when i go look at a car even if it was a auto ill prob end up buying it, but then i dnt wanna regret doing so, or regret geting rid of my VTS cause to be honest i want a Glanza that will be atleast the same speed as my VTS.........and that will be hard to find on such small budget cause my VTS is quicker then my mates 170bhp starlet gt :S

But also if it is in good condition and everything is mint, and i do buy it for £1300........and i decide its not for me a few months down the line, will i be able to sell it for around £1800-£1500 easily? or will it be forsale for weeks on end (which is the bit im worried about due to fact most people get put off cause its an auto)