Glanza V Insurance gone MAD?

Yeti

Member +
Hi guys,

I'm 28 with 6 years no claims, mods declared with a SP30. My best quote is.....£996!!!! Which is my renewel quote lol. I wouldn't mind if I was driving a td04 Glanza running crazy spec or a 400bhp Evo, but im running a standard V with a few exhaust mods, air filter and after market alloys more or less.

Tried tons of insurers so far, but all are quoting £1000+, some even £2000+ :eek:
I feel like I am 17 all over again trying to get quotes on my first ever car lmao :homer:

Anyone else having the same problems? Any you recommend?

I've literally printed out the "Who will insure me" thread and calling each one and hoping I can bring it down abit....:(

Kirsty

Member +
Have you tried Aviva?? I'm 22 with 5 years ncb and pay £600 fully comp with another driver insured aswell

Yeti

Member +
Will try Tiger insurance, not tried them yet. [EDIT] Do you mean tiger.co.uk the comparison site? Or actually Tiger insurance? Infact I try them both lol

Yeah tried Sky insurance, but unfortunately you couldn't insure me.

Will try Aviva also. Thats a decent price what im paying for now, apart from my renewels jumped almost £400 more lol. Thanks for your help guys, any more ideas keep them coming.

Last edited:

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Im with Flux paying about £430 f/c with all mod's declered.. 9 point's, 1 claim and full no-claim's discount...

Sky gave me about the same price....

Yeti

Member +
Im with Flux paying about £430 f/c with all mod's declered.. 9 point's, 1 claim and full no-claim's discount...

Yeah I've previously been with Adrian Flux and have been really good with their quotes. Unfortunately this time they were unable to beat my renewal and quoted me 4 digits :S

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Yeah I've previously been with Adrian Flux and have been really good with their quotes. Unfortunately this time they were unable to beat my renewal and quoted me 4 digits :S

Bloody hell 4 digit's...

I went with flux as they were the only company that would insure me with 9 points, an i have stayed with them 3year's now as no one else can match there quotes..
They have never incresed my quote by any more than a tenner or so, they even matched sky's quote..

dac69er

Super Moderator

when did you get that price mate?

got my renewal a couple of weeks ago and it had gone up a bit. it wasnt unreasonable considering i have every mod declared. but the fact i have never claimed ever in my life and have 3 starlets all insured with them pissed me off a bit though.

mine was about the same as yours last year, its now another £100 more for no reason!

Yeti

Member +
Just for giggles, this is the best price on one of the comparison websites gave me. (Not naming or flaming anyone, infact it was the best quote out of the lot lol)

Our Best Price For Your
car Insurance Policy
MONTHLY: £286.53
ANNUAL: £3322.04

Reeco

Member +
Im paying over £3000 a year on my GT...joys of being 18 without any no claims! though i will be pretty pissed if im still paying close to a grand when im 28.

Yeti

Member +
Yeah, at the age of 18 with no NCB i'd expect to be paying an arm and a leg for a GT/Glanza lol

Right after a days of filling in numberous online websites and spending about £100 on phone bills. A company called Insurance Factory found me a decent quote of £850 fully comp with all mods etc etc. Still insanely high compared to what im paying now, but cheapest so far. Will keep trying tomorrow and hopefully try get it bought down abit more.

Keep the ideas coming guys and cheers for the help!

matt walters

Member +
i paid 1300 for the last years insurance, which was cheaper than my gay astra coupe cost me to insure. im 20 with no ncb thanks to a useless bitch. i thought 1300 was a good price for what it is....

then i came to my renewal (feb 2011) and they want £2200 and thats with a years no claims. think i might change my sex and tell them im 45 to get a half decent quote :p. its an absolute joke.

Dan507

Member +
Insurance is crazy, for me to insure my Glanza S @ 17 is currently - £13,000. good job i'm paying £0 on a company policy :)