Glanzas, the new saxo :(

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Hey guys, lately ive been thinking about replacing the G. :(

Theres so many of them popping up everywhere, seems they are getting the same rep as saxos lately and it reallys pisses me off for people to put them in the same catargory as chav or boy racer cars. :slap:

Im thinking either of getting a AE86 levin or an ek9. But it just seems like you cant get another car that can compare to the starlets power,mpg and cheap insurance.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Ryan.

wesgt

Lifer
this has been happening here for a couple of years now, i live in a small town, less than 1000 people, and there were 6 glanzas here at one stage.
between the "cheap" insurance and the reduction in price little fools have been buying them and wrecking them.
i prefer gt's, i have one of two in my county that i know of!
maybe get a gt?

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
this has been happening here for a couple of years now, i live in a small town, less than 1000 people, and there were 6 glanzas here at one stage.
between the "cheap" insurance and the reduction in price little fools have been buying them and wrecking them.
i prefer gt's, i have one of two in my county that i know of!
maybe get a gt?

Yea thats what im talking about dude, since i got mine 2 years ago people have just been buying them over the last year or so.

A GT is an option but ive only had my TD04 on since march lol, or i could make the G look so track its not even a glanza anymore lol.

Derek

Lifer
Ah it was like that here years back, then hondas took over but the starbos seem to be becoming popular again.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Ah it was like that here years back, then hondas took over but the starbos seem to be becoming popular again.

Yea there are a decent amount of hondas about aswell but they arent driven by dicks because the insurance isnt so low. I just cant afford the cars i would be willing to pay the extra for lol, houses are tooo expensive :(

wesgt

Lifer
Yea thats what im talking about dude, since i got mine 2 years ago people have just been buying them over the last year or so.

A GT is an option but ive only had my TD04 on since march lol, or i could make the G look so track its not even a glanza anymore lol.

buy a gt and just swap everything over

TomS

Lifer
buy a gt and just swap everything over

X2

Or wait a few years until chavs think Glanzas are too old. There dosen't seem to be as many glanzas around here as there was before, gt's are becomming a rare sight where once every aspiring young nacker was driving one

in barnsley before i got mine ther were one or 2 (one replica sr) but now theres about 7 n yeh tbh ppl doing handbrake turns n all that crap in carparks... grow the **** up... in a way its a compliment to the glanza's that ther are so popular bt ther unfortunatly attracting the wrong croud and its a shame to see =(

Fizturbo

Member +
It is getin bad with muppet (chav) drivers on the road, getin the starbo a bad rep,Recently av been uncomfortable myself thinkin the cops see it as a corsa?saxo boy racer :(

starletsam

Member +
Ryan buy a GT then swap the bits over!I got to agree alot of glanzas popping up now but I rarely ever see GT's!in fact other than japshow and dave Burwash's workshop I have only ever seen 2 out and about even at lakeside it's generally got about 3 glanzas per GT!

IppyEP82

Member +
Yea go for a GT mate. very few around ipswich. have only ever seen 2 others around the ipswich area plus mine, but there are more and more glanzas appearing. seems to be a new one nearly every month.

durmz

Member +
ep85 knightsy, lol, do it.

i dont see to many starlets, however for the last year mines been the only one in chelmsford really, apart from djep and cooch who had them way before me, but theyve both come to an end with theres, but just recently, theres a black glanza down the road from me, the guy who drives it is a bit of a dick, waved at him, just proper stared me out like wtf lol, a mate liam has just bought a stunning white 98 glanza, and recently met eptommi on here and his nice square lamp, he lives maybe 2 miles away tops, so its starting to build up round my way

Dan507

Member +
i have seen one gt and about 3 glanzas were im from. But there not chavs. There either on this site and uksc.

AdDaMan

Member +
bin like this for years now. face it, there everywhere. I remember when actual car enthusiasts didnt even know what they were when i had my first 2. Now everone and his dog has one :( i rarely go a day without seeing a glanza or GT.

SupaStu

Member +
Its great here I never see any lol If I do, then its someone 9/10 times off the site :)

Plus I dont give a shit, I like driving it and that's all that matters :cool:

bin like this for years now. face it, there everywhere. I remember when actual car enthusiasts didnt even know what they were when i had my first 2. Now everone and his dog has one :( i rarely go a day without seeing a glanza or GT.

its much better down here m8, ive only seen 1 starlet that i didnt know of in the last year and a half, the others at 1 point 6 of us 3 gts and 3 glanzas but now mine isnt on the road and every1 has sold up apart from 1 glanza

rb69

Member +
Sorry to swear but fuck what everyone else thinks. If you like the car, and you know you don't drive it round like a dick, try racing everything in site and don't stick tacky wank all over it then there really isn't a problem. The idiots who buy them won't have a clue, whack the boost up and probably destroy the engine or end up crashing it.

Its been like this for years with
every jap hatch back. Its not hard
to tell the difference between a
shitter owned by a retard and
someone who actually looks after
theirs. If I was to get rid of my car
because of the heading on this
topic it would be gone a long time
ago. Imo GT's and Glanzas are a
dying breed here wont be long
until only the good ones are left.