Good dyno result!!

Harvey

Member +
Went to triton motorsport yesterday with Rikko and a few other GT's and several other cars.

I was expecting a poor result! Back in nov i had the car dyno'd at same place, with a stock exhaust, wepr decat, slightly shagged stock manifold (crack had started coming back i think) and a HKS actuator...

and well - it was crap. Just under 125bhp at like 11-11.5psi. Not good at all!!

yvjqq9.jpg

yvjqq4.jpg

Can see if first pic the boost climbs about 11-12psi (0.8 bar) and by the rev limit its 0.5! Was it the actuator or the manifold or both? Who knows either way i thought the real reason was a tired engine (its currently on 142k miles!!)

Fast forward to today! And well - not at all what i expected!

Since last one i have fitted my WEPR CT9 power up kit, fmic with clocked turbo. Had to butcher the stock efi pipe for now (still have AC) until i fab up a 2" stainless tube.

Anyway - it made 157bhp at about 10psi!!!

y01abx.jpg

y01abj.jpg

Gotta love the external wastegate!!! From full boost to the limiter it loses only about 1psi!!

Power curve is a lot more linear then before and torque curve is flatter!!

Fuelling is still crap (stock) but soon be turned up to 15psi and map with the EMB so should be inline for a good result from my old dog :D

Harvey

Member +
Yeah! Suprised me! I was convinced it was toast haha. As a few people have said 142k is just run in!! Roll on 150k miles hahaha

Glanza Gaz

Member +
Fast forward to today! And well - not at all what i expected!

Since last one i have fitted my WEPR CT9 power up kit, fmic with clocked turbo. Had to butcher the stock efi pipe for now (still have AC) until i fab up a 2" stainless tube.

Anyway - it made 157bhp at about 10psi!!!

Gotta love the external wastegate!!! From full boost to the limiter it loses only about 1psi!!

Hi fella good result you got there shows what just a bit of tuning can do. I was thinking about getting the WEPR ct9 upgrade myself, so I just wanted to know does the ext wastegate come with the kit or do you have to buy it seperately?? Also am I correct in thinking its still ok to keep using the original int wastegate in conjunction with the new ext WG (int WG kept at the same actuation pressure as ext WG). Any help much appreciated thanx :p

Harvey

Member +
I bought mine 2nd hand so got the tial with it, but i have a feeling when bought from sacha its withOUT the tial! Best to check with Sacha but im sure its without. Whether he can supply one (at a better price then we pay in this country!) is another matter!

No - you ditch the interal wastegate. Throw the actuator away and shut the internal wastegate. Some people (kelly i think has done it this way) have a bar made up that bolts where the stock actuator does, and hold the wastegate shut

In my case this not possible as the compressor housing has been turned - so have welded the interal one shut!

Glanza Gaz

Member +
I bought mine 2nd hand so got the tial with it, but i have a feeling when bought from sacha its withOUT the tial! Best to check with Sacha but im sure its without. Whether he can supply one (at a better price then we pay in this country!) is another matter!

No - you ditch the interal wastegate. Throw the actuator away and shut the internal wastegate. Some people (kelly i think has done it this way) have a bar made up that bolts where the stock actuator does, and hold the wastegate shut

In my case this not possible as the compressor housing has been turned - so have welded the interal one shut!

thanks for the informative answer:). have some rep!

Harvey

Member +
Oi, shut it you :p at leats my bearings still in 1 piece :p

Yeah ordering an innovate wideband soon :) So will be a nicer fuel curve soon ( i hope anyway hahaha)

goldenvtr

Member +
lol my bearings are fine, but i dohave bent valves! i tried to ge it going the other day but only have compression in 1 cylnder haah

Harvey

Member +
Dan - how the hell did you bend some valves!!!

You been skimming heads too much :p

Yeah Sheldon - 1 bar coming soon!!! :)

Wired in my emanage map sensor today - comfirmed what triton and my gauge say - highest reading i got off it was 0.66bar :) So not a bad result at all (i was just unsure as it has a 11.5psi spring in) doesnt sound like its leaking so it could well just be one of those things (the spring rate just a guide not exact) and probably the stock peashooter exhaust is holding boost back a bit too!!

GTti

Member +
So long as there is good compression and things are well balanced, the mileage shouldn't really make a difference.

My GTxx has done 136,000 miles now and is running 60% + more power and torque than it came out of the factory with in 1989. It loved a good blast around Llandow and a few 8,000RPM gear changes :D

MarcoFTE

Member +
On the sheet it says: Gear: 3. Does that mean you had the car in third gear? I always heard that the car should be in 4th gear (on a 5-speed gearbox) and 5th geard (on a 6-speed gearbox)?
Think it had something to do with the gear ratio that had to be closest to 1...

Harvey

Member +
Yeah the lower figure for each graph is wbhp. so gained 30 wheel bhp yet running less boost! lol.

Yeah at triton they run in 3rd, i too thought most use 4th for closes 1:1 gear ratio.

On the 2 td04 starlets they had to run 4th for grip reason.

On mine they did 2 runs in 3rd which made about 153bhp, then one in 4th which netted the printed figure of 157 so wasnt a huge amount in it!! Bit odd i would have suspected other way round (more power in 3rd then 4th)

y3Lo

Member +
yeah realy nice result! cant wait to see what i get with my wepr kit, i also have an exhaust and will have the filter mounted off turbo.