good idea / bad idea..

karlyb

Fresh Recruit
alright lad's.. recently ive jst fitted a front mount and a boost controller in my glanza.. i was wondering would ther be any point in fitting a walbro feul pump seeing as im going to be running more boost.. or would i only need the pump if i was to run a bigger turbo.. wot do ye reckon.??:)

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I replaced my fuel pump when i fitted my rrfpr and fcd. The pumps in our cars are all usually over the 10 year mark so I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Sigma

Member +
Fuel pump should be one of your first modifications.

Don't forget, if it's an ep82, and its original, it's 14 years old minimum. ;)

GTti

Member +
Don't agree that you need to touch the fuel pump at all. The only reason people say that is because everyone else does for the sake of it.

If you're using the stock injectors then you're never going to be more than 90% duty cycle, even with slight pressure increases with an AFPR it's not going to have a significant effect on the pump - and if it did only at WOT on full boost.

The use of an AFPR is to force a small amount of extra fuel through the same injector opening duration - to compensate for when the MAP can no longer read the extra boost you're running. The fuel pump needs to keep the rail pressurised.

Anything more than a small amount of fuel then you should be using piggy back or a full aftermarket ECU. And in this case you can run whatever injectors and fuel pressure you want.

Both my pumps are now 20 and 19 years old, one of which is still working fine with 510cc injectors!

Regardless of that, what extra boost do you want to run?

Jay

Admin
Immediately after altering your boost or fuelling levels you should get the fuelling checked with a wideband sensor. This will tell you if more fuel is required and how safe the tune is.

Removes the guesswork and highly recommended.

Kelly

Member +
I run 0.90 bar on ct9 with emanage blue (mapped) and my fuelling is fine, i have no fuelling modifications as they are not needed yet.

karlyb

Fresh Recruit
its short hand for "raising rate fuel pressure regulator" if you read GTti's post above he explains it all :)
yea im jst after reading his post. i'll think ill stick to the standard feul pump for now.. after christmas i hope to put a bigger turbo on me glanza and injectors.. then ill go with the bigger fpump..
thanks for all your help mates..:drive: