Got my first starlet :)

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Hi all.

Picked up my first starlet a week yesterday :D. 6 hour coach journey to Wales followed by a 7 hour drive (crash on M4) and it was finally on my driveway :cool: First thing I did was strip the back!

Apart from a 2.5" straight through, to a jasma back box and a whiteline rear strut brace, its completely standard.

BUT! .... Lowerings springs, HKS style BOV, new window motor, new rear discs/pads should all be arriving in the post this week!

My names Will btw and I'd like to say a huge thank-you to everyone that has given me sound advice so far.

Attachments

• New gt_001.JPG
    New gt_001.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 16
  • new gt 2_001.JPG
    new gt 2_001.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 15
  • new gt 3_001.JPG
    new gt 3_001.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 18
  • new gt 4_001.JPG
    new gt 4_001.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
  • new gt 5_001.JPG
    new gt 5_001.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 10
J

*JO*

those pics look like they were taken in swansea marina but cant remember seeing that around my way :confused: do you know who you bought it off???

xxxx

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Few more pics :D

Attachments

• new gt 6_001.JPG
    new gt 6_001.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 7
  • new gt 7_001.JPG
    new gt 7_001.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 12

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
those pics look like they were taken in swansea marina but cant remember seeing that around my way :confused: do you know who you bought it off???

xxxx

Could well have been this car Jo! Bought it from a guy called matt slater who lived in Govilon, Abergavenny. Not far from Swansea :)

The first pics are in my garden and the marina shots are from Shotley (opposite felixstowe, suffolk).

J

*JO*

abergavenny aint that far from me tbh bout an hour max. oh the car looks a little smasher but your so happy with here :D

xxx

dac69er

Super Moderator
Could well have been this car Jo! Bought it from a guy called matt slater who lived in Govilon, Abergavenny. Not far from Swansea :)

The first pics are in my garden and the marina shots are from Shotley (opposite felixstowe, suffolk).

shotley! you must know ben fletcher? got one of my GT's off him. he said he might be getting a glanza last time i spoke to him!

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Think this pic shows how happy I am with it lol :p:p Few little issues to sort out, but think I got a really good price as it has'nt done 38k miles yet :D.

Attachments

• new gt 8_001.JPG
    new gt 8_001.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 38

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
shotley! you must know ben fletcher? got one of my GT's off him. he said he might be getting a glanza last time i spoke to him!

Don't think so but the name fletcher rings a bell. I actually from Bentley, my dad has a boat at Shotley, so I thought I'd get some snaps whilst I was there.

I know ryan knights though, with the silver glanza, I work with him.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Don't think so but the name fletcher rings a bell. I actually from Bentley, my dad has a boat at Shotley, so I thought I'd get some snaps whilst I was there.

I know ryan knights though, with the silver glanza, I work with him.

ah right, cool. he said he wants to get a GT as his glanza costs too much to insure. will have to all meet up next time the weather is nice.

do you head down stowmarket way often?

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
I was with him when he was on the phone to adrian flux. He got a quote about 2 weeks before, then when he phoned up to buy the policy, they said it was £140 more than what he'd already been quoted, so we were both like wtf!?

Only really been to Ryan's house in Stowe, but its not millions of miles away if we wanted to meet up for a photo session.

I had a really nice all white mr2 before this, but it got written off. Lorry drove into it when it was parked outside my work. So the GT will be my fun car, got a 1.2 corsa for work lol did'nt want to risk it happening again!

richglanzav

Member +
i made a thread bout that gt bout a week back lol sayin what a steal it was for the mileage...sweet ride u got there buddy, enjoy :drive:

dac69er

Super Moderator
I was with him when he was on the phone to adrian flux. He got a quote about 2 weeks before, then when he phoned up to buy the policy, they said it was £140 more than what he'd already been quoted, so we were both like wtf!?

Only really been to Ryan's house in Stowe, but its not millions of miles away if we wanted to meet up for a photo session.

I had a really nice all white mr2 before this, but it got written off. Lorry drove into it when it was parked outside my work. So the GT will be my fun car, got a 1.2 corsa for work lol did'nt want to risk it happening again!

yeah, he has mentioned you. saw the pics on his FB profile, what a bastard, looked like a nice mr2. what do you think of the GT compared to it?

when he said you were going to get a GT i shouted out NOOOOOOOOOOOO :haha:

didnt want anymore round this area!

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Haha at least its not a mk1 :p

MR2 vs GT

GT is FARRRRR better on fuel! Got back from Wales on £25. MR2 would do 250miles on £45 fuel.

GT feels a lot faster, even in low boost.

MR2 handled better, but the GT has standard suspension at the moment. But even then I don't reckon it will match rwd mid-engined handling.

GT = £791 insured fully comp
MR2 I was paying £120 a month TPF&T!!!

It's the first turbo I've owned and don't think I could go back to natural aspiration! The turbo kick is just pure exitement!

dac69er

Super Moderator
if its pretty much stock then it has next to no turbo kick compared to one that has a few mods.

get the suspension and brakes sorted then get a bit more power out of it and it will be even more fun!
even with just 200bhp mine is awesome fun

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Cheers Stu!

Realistically how much would it cost in mods to get 200bhp? Does the mpg change a lot?

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
i made a thread bout that gt bout a week back lol sayin what a steal it was for the mileage...sweet ride u got there buddy, enjoy :drive:

Thanks mate :beer: I was very careful about choosing which one to buy, but when this one popped up I paid the guy a £200 deposit immediately!

J

*JO*

i paid a £50 deposit for mine as she was on her way to the scrap yard :(

xxx