***Greddy E-01 Problem***HELP!!!

D3N0

Member +
***Greddy E-01 Problem***UPDATED!!!

ive finally fitted my Greddy E-01 boost controller on the glanza, all is looking sweet after wiring it up. however, the lights came on the display and the remote controller also but its completely blank with no txts. and if i push any button on the remote control nothing happens whats so ever, except it buzzes makes a beep if a turn the big knob or press buttons on the remote control.

please help me anybody
thanks D3N0

Last edited:

goldenvtr

Member +
its probly the contrast and brightnes, check the manual and do it by ear untill you reach that menu, then make an adjustment untill you see an image - im pretty sure i happend to me the first time i used it but i could just about make out the text.

allow 1minuet after ignition for the e-01 to load fully before making and cursor movments

D3N0

Member +
ive got the manuel infront of me and it says nothing about adjusting the screen. its just a green screen im seeing, also the power LED red light comes on and then goes away. is that normal?

D3N0

Member +
ive managed to take a pic on my camera of what im seeing when i turn the boost controller on. all i get is thin horizontal lines that change when i scroll around. help?

DSC00235.jpg

D3N0

Member +
I bought it ages ago, as stated in the first post over a year and a half ago. so there will be no come back for it, also since i bought it MOHD which are not a company anymore. no worries, il look for a new monitor or a second hand one. then il come back next month and get mapped again.

D3N0

Member +
***Update***

I did quite alot of phoning around to the few companies that trade direct from Greddy and they all had the same things to say. to put sort, Greddy make great fantastic products, but since they declared that the company was in trouble financially their service just hasnt been the same. one company told me they have over £60,000 worth orders that they purchased and in waiting 6 months and continue. i must say all traders i spoke to were very honest and gave good advice:rolleyes:.

so in the end i hunted around for a new Greddy E-01, and found what i was looking for on ebay. after a few emails to the seller to organise shipment to UK, i ordered it and it arrived soon after.

Now i have 2 Greddy E-01 Boost controllers :cool:

DSC00256-1.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

i also bought 5 different phone holders from ebay with the thought in mind to mount it somewhere different, as i dont like where every one has mounted there. out of the 5, i chose the one below. i ended up buying it twice as there were to different ways i wanted it to function.

DSC00257.jpg

In the process of modifying it to how i wanted it, i ended up gluing my hands up, so i got the Miss's to finish it off after i sanded part of the dash. see pic below.

DSC00258.jpg

Because it was late when we finished i didnt get a pic of the finale, but i can tell you its sick.

Oh and another big thanks to GoldenVTR for answering his fone and helping me out even while having a piss-up (ur legend):rockon:

This Post has also been added to my garage, feel free to have a look and leave your comments. :)

D3N0

Member +
Awesome dude, glad you got it sorted.

Would like to see a pic fitted at some point. Nice idea though :rockon:

ill take a pic today and post it up in the evening when i get to my laptop to upload it, glad you like.

The way ive made the mount is so that it can be removed easily when not in use, as thefts will mistake it for a sat-nav and try to nik it even though the cars all armed up.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
ill take a pic today and post it up in the evening when i get to my laptop to upload it, glad you like.

The way ive made the mount is so that it can be removed easily when not in use, as thefts will mistake it for a sat-nav and try to nik it even though the cars all armed up.

Good thinking mate. They will definatly think thats a sat nav. Like the removeable idea :cool:

Look forward to seeing the pic :)

goldenvtr

Member +
glad you sorted now dude, that was pretty funny i was talking you threw it whilst i was wasted lol, was the other one deffinatly faulty then?

D3N0

Member +
glad you sorted now dude, that was pretty funny i was talking you threw it whilst i was wasted lol, was the other one deffinatly faulty then?

lol to say the least. Yep, E-01 monitor screen has gone puff and greddy are unable to be contact directly and am told by traders it could take along while to request LCD screen from Greddy, and for it to get to the uk. so i think il keep it here and fix it myself, or wire it to a different screen (possibily have the info shown on a 7inch centre console screen or something.

J25GTi

Lifer
We need a pic of it all fitted up mate, but i love the idea!

And one of the girlfriend, looks very attractive ;)