Gt adavance gearbox??? LSD question???

froshtyv

Member +
Saw it on the old site before but i cant remeber,

Im sure Jay will know, but;;

Do they come standard with LSD??

Im going buying one for my glanza so i just want to know,

Also is there a way of checking weather it has LSD the gear box is out of the car..

Thanks.

riko666

Member +
No they don't come standard - and if you have a standard gearbox to compare it to you'll be able to see the differences, an extra "bulge" off the side of the gearbox, and a different rear mount

Jay

Admin
LSD was an option across the range, it was never standard on any specific model.

Check the gearbox codes if at all possible:

C52 - no LSD unless aftermarket

C53 - Factory LSD as standard

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures on this computer showing the differences in the gearboxes.

hardcoreep

Member +
Glanza code is C56-4A for LSD, 2A for non-lsd.

The Factory LSD is a viscous type attatchment looks like this
ep91lsdgbx.jpg

Harvey

Member +
Yes thats right mate, the driveshafts are different lengths.

Also apparently the starter motor is different.... I think Dave Burwash knows whats the score is here

Johnny_C

Lifer
you will need both gearbox mounts as they are differnt derek,the starter is the same from what i know,mines lines up anyway.
the driver side shaft is shorter too.

DWB

Member +
wer bouts on the gear box can u fing the codes on the glanza just so i can hav a nosie

hardcoreep

Member +
Now dats a question. LOL! The bluge on the gearbox is the LSD. The green thing is your inner CV joint, part of the axle, or drivershaft.

squeekyduck

Member +
yo Derek, i have an ep82 factory lsd gearbox in my car, if you around later on tonight i will give you a look at it.