GT advance Auto

alexgt

Member +
Hi guys,

i just brought a gt advance auto on friday and was wondering what the buttons under the ciggie lighter do?

one says manu the othe pwr

all so the red one that is in japanese.

cheers

Alex :)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey dude. I have an advance too & dont have these buttons. It must be an aftermarket gadget thats been added to yours...

If you can get a pic up, it will definatly help us out & can go from there.... :)

EDIT: Maybe its something to do with the auto gearbox?? not sure...

alexgt

Member +
i don't think its an add on because when you press them the lights come on under the rev counter, your advance an automatic??

cheers

Jay

Admin
The auto gearbox is electronically controlled in models made after 1992. Those buttons change the behaviour of the beast.

Both buttons off : Normal mode. Gearbox will change up and down as normal.

MANU button : Urban mode. Low RPM gear changes and less responsive kickdown. Perfect for city driving or economy.

PWR button : Sports mode. Box will rev right to redline and becomes much more eager to kickdown. Use for spirited sessions and releasing tension..

Hope that helps,

Jay

are the auto's as reliable as the manuals and does the performance differ slightly.

I think the gearbox is maxed out at 200BHP or something similiar. You cant get as much power out of a automatic but thats the same with every car. Kelly is running 180BHP on her auto and believe Jay is also or soon will be;)
Christy

alexgt

Member +
cool not really interested in modding it just yet need to save some money after buying it had a 94 qaudlight manual b4 then brought a SAAB 9-3 soft top then saw this one on the trader only 42k with milage cert and mint condition for 2500 and was tempted back to the dark side.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
i don't think its an add on because when you press them the lights come on under the rev counter, your advance an automatic??

cheers

Mines a manual mate.

cool not really interested in modding it just yet need to save some money after buying it had a 94 qaudlight manual b4 then brought a SAAB 9-3 soft top then saw this one on the trader only 42k with milage cert and mint condition for 2500 and was tempted back to the dark side.

Sounds good mate, got yourself a good bargain there. So many people sell up & go for other cars, only to find themselves back to the starlets at some point. They are too much fun to drive ! :D

alexgt

Member +
i know i have been smiling since i brought it just cant wait till the end of the day so i can drive it again:haha:

Jay

Admin
are the auto's as reliable as the manuals and does the performance differ slightly.

It's all in the maintenance mate. Don't abuse the gearbox or it could bite you. Once they start giving hassle it's replacement gearbox time as they are far too expensive to repair.

The highscore on the autobox so far is 200bhp as proven by YBY many years ago. Currently Kelly has around 179bhp and I'm rolling 154bhp.

Slower than the manual models but not far off their heels as standard. Mine has done 50,000kms in two years without any hassle so reliability seems good.

Jay

GTdan

In The Closet
wouldnt say the autos are slow, you can lock it in 2nd and go all the way up to 80mph without changing!! its fun trying to keep up with her sometimes :p