GT Turbo down as 1.3 on log book

dac69er

Super Moderator
alot of them are just classed as a 1.3 import on the logbook. im in the uk so cant comment on the nct, but it causes no problems in the uk.

you can always send it away to be ammended. i did it when the dvla got my name wrong. i sent it back with the details of the car ammended as well

madman

Member +
if its for the emissions you are worried about they have the same values as for a uk spec starlet and it wouldnt make any difference really as long as its insured correctly ;)

Nwimie

Member +
its because they cant afford insurance for a turbo, but infact if its down on the log book or insured as a non turbo they might aswell not have insurance atal.

lewism1

Member +
yeah.. i thought it could be pulled off because it only went down on the logbook as a starlet 1.3?? not sure if this is true though...?

Jay

Admin
If you have a V insure it as a V.
If you have a GT insure it as a GT.

Comparethebeermat.com simples.

davehart

Member +
If you have a V insure it as a V.
If you have a GT insure it as a GT.

Comparethebeermat.com simples.

Just follow that guide :)

Do not put the reg in and take that as gospal. Mine for example if you put the reg in for a quote it's listed as a UK 1.3 n/a but on the log book and on the insurance its down as a GT Turbo.

So long as the insurance matches your car and its modifications its happy driving :)

VXR230BHP

Member +
What if you re shell a GT turbo into a N/A 1.0L shell but replace every nut and bolt with EP82 ? can you change the log book and would it ever be classed as a proper GT ?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
What if you re shell a GT turbo into a N/A 1.0L shell but replace every nut and bolt with EP82 ? can you change the log book and would it ever be classed as a proper GT ?

Yes you change change the logbook to suit. Thats how 2.0 Corsa's etc get updated correctly and insured correctly.