GT with SR Speedlines

Sparky

Member +
I got four SR SPeedlines with mint T1R's all round and went to take my Final Speed's off to keep the Prada's in good nick and the Speedlines wouldnt fit on the back but they fitted on the front?

I am pretty sure I have seen GT's with the Speedlines on, just baffled why they wouldnt go all the way on the hub :confused:

Any ideas??

Thanks

Spoonz

Member +
i had speedlines on my glanza so that makes no sense wat so ever did they fit on the front

Sparky

Member +
Yea I got the front ones on, spent a poxy tenner getting a puncture fixed on the one tyre so I could fit all four and only the front would fit!! :shoot:

Even took the centre cap out to see if it was fouling on the little cup that sits over the wheel bearing nut but looked like there was enough clearance??

EDIT- would only go on so far i.e wouldnt go all the way on the studs, was a good half inch gap between the hub and face of wheel

GTdan

In The Closet
so there must be something stopping it???

you tried fitting the fronts on the back?? to rule out if studs are bent on the read....also it could be the spriggot ring on the inside of the centre cap...

sounds to me spigots, check the back of the wheel where the centre is.

Some alloys will have heavy metal ones or some plastic.

Sparky

Member +
Tried again today and the centre bore is WAY to small on the wheels to fit flush on the rear hub :confused:

I seen a mk1 and 2 GT with them but not a quadlight, anyone know if the rear discs are the same? I imagine so

liam2368

Member +
it's just the hubs isnt it so they will be the same, must just be the set of wheels you have, what size is the centre bore on the front and backs?

my wheels have always been between 55-65mm

Sparky

Member +
I am not sure but you can clearly see there is a huge difference in the centre bore of each wheel.

You can also see the wheel bearing nut on the rear disk isnt what the wheel sits on, there is another lip which it sits on but its alot bigger than the wheel bearing cap.

Anyone got a pic of the rear disc of a GT?