guide for changing heater matrix?

Jay

Admin
You can always try flushing and reverse flushing the matrix to see if that helps clear some of the blockage. Find the two pipes that lead to it on the bulkhead and disconnect both. Then it's just a case of putting a hose on one and seeing how much crud comes out the other. Repeat a few times on both pipes and refit the hoses. Top up the system, run the engine, bleed the system and see how hot it gets.

Might make it more liveable heat-wise.

I've heard of some folks adding dishwasher tablets to the coolant to break the blockage up but I'd be a little wary of what damage household detergents might do..

gerard

Member +
You can always try flushing and reverse flushing the matrix to see if that helps clear some of the blockage. Find the two pipes that lead to it on the bulkhead and disconnect both. Then it's just a case of putting a hose on one and seeing how much crud comes out the other. Repeat a few times on both pipes and refit the hoses. Top up the system, run the engine, bleed the system and see how hot it gets.

Might make it more liveable heat-wise.

I've heard of some folks adding dishwasher tablets to the coolant to break the blockage up but I'd be a little wary of what damage household detergents might do..

Ya i done that ages ago flushing it out, water was all clear, so i take it its the heater matrix thingy itsself an if it takes that much hassle as shown above to take it out it may stay that way

Jay

Admin
Technically it's not that big of a job..

Building up the courage to do it is half the battle. So long as you remember where everything goes you will be fine. That being said I'm in no rush to do another lol.

gerard

Member +
ah jesus il pass on that, the weather be gettin abit warmer soon so it will do till the end of the summer, ha