H.R.F P&P ECU info

4efteboost

Member +
Has any one got any info on the H.R.F P&P ECU's? I have one myself but having a problem with still hitting fuel cut at 0.8-0.9bar, feels more aggressive to drive and i think it is running a bit richer then normal. any info would be appreciated :)

5e colin

Member +
thats funny theres not supposed to be a feul cut u sure its genuine coz i have never known for a p&p to hit feul cut so early

4efteboost

Member +
The inside of the ecu looks identical to a standard one apart from one chip has been removed and put back in, i heard that the hrf ecu's did not have a daughterboard but they flashed the original ecu chip.. That info could be a load of rubbish but im not sure. From asking people i know that have starlets they all think ive been done over and have been sold a standard ecu due to it hitting fuel cut, i tried it a few times and defo come up with code 34 on ecu. Tbh deep down i think it is standard but im just seeing if anyone had any info on the h.r.f ecu's as its now a £400 paperweight :(

5e colin

Member +
shit expensive paper weight

as u already had her open take some pics from the inside so we can see if there is another rom in in there or so ?????

and the toyota ship cant be re mapped !!!!

4efteboost

Member +
Weejohn that was the guy i purchased the ecu off, its exactly the same one! I will try and get pics up later on if i can. The map sensor wiring by the ecu is a bit of a mess tbh, whoever had the car before fucked it all up with a fcd and now its joint by a little connector block right on the plug that goes in the ecu. Can the map sensor wiring make it fuel cut then? Soon as it hits 0.9 it cuts everytime :(

weeJohn

Lifer
Its been replaced, supposed thats really all you can tell. Fuel cut is determined by the map sensor signal, it reads the manifold pressure and tells the ECU.

4efteboost

Member +
This is the map sensor wiring..

Do you think this could be causing the problem

image_zps5290efc2.jpg.html

http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/4...Uploads/image_zps5290efc2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
I wouldnt trust that at all. If you look in the first link I put up above, there is a bit that shows you how to remove an old pin and replace it with a new one in the ecu plugs.

4efteboost

Member +
I sorted the wiring out by wiring the map sensor wiring directly into a field harness and plugged that into the ecu, so now its all neat and got good connections but still getting this fuel cut.. When it cuts it sounds like i have anti-lag or like when a drift car hits rev limit :s

Not sure what the rev limit is or if its even hitting it tbh, was trying to look at it but was concentrating on the road

Weird thing is that my mate who i always drive about with has noticed i get black smoke out the exhaust on gear change which has only started happening since i plugged this in

davehart

Member +
I've never know an aftermarket PnP ECU to have a fuel cut unless a tuner made one just to replace the stock setup but be a little more aggressive.

4efteboost

Member +
Looks like its defo fuel cut, just been out and hit it at around 5000rpm :( does not bring up eml though which is weird, seems to boost to around 1bar then cut!

Rev

Member +
That black smoke sounds like a lot of fuel is present on the chip map maybe it is meant to be run with an fcd or SAFC for proper fueling which will also raise fuel cut considerably. ( the fcd not working properly could be the problem ?)

4efteboost

Member +
The guy who had this before said he was running over 1bar on a tdo4 with this exact ecu so he is either telling me lie's or there is something wrong my end.. But i have now tried everything to try and get it to work but is still hitting fuel cut :(