Had a crash and looking for info on parts pics heavy.

rosso321

Member +
Well guys worst day this year with my gt as I went into a back off a 5series 04 bmw. Where it was my fault but anyway took her all apart and wounding can I change these parts around the chassis arm. Well here the pics.

And my helper.

Opinions or what should I do or even pics what you think be a great help as no rush getting her on the road as like to get the parts to have her straight again.

Thanks

Ross.

Jay

Admin
nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

All DSF corner yes?

Looks like it needs the front upper cross member, headlamp surround panel, headlamp bracket, front bumper bracket, a wing and a close inspection of the chassis leg (barely looks touched) to see if that's taken any impact. Pretty much the same as happened to my first GT.

Here's a diagram to help:

maq9.jpg

Jay

dac69er

Super Moderator
as per what jay said. as long as the chassis leg is ok, then its repairable. not too bad tbh. hard to tell 100%, but i would be tempted to try and straighten the wing and just get it repainted. if your not taking the front wing off, then it doesnt look like too bad a job

rosso321

Member +
Thanks a lot guys where the washer bottle and coolant bottle is that's bonded in? Also where the bonnet catch bar goes that the lights screw into I take it that comes off as like to replace and paint.

Jay

Admin
Those bits are welded in mate, would need someone who has a bit of experience to either mend the current ones or replace with fresh/new ones. Given the standard you work to I'd advise the latter option.

rosso321

Member +
Those bits are welded in mate, would need someone who has a bit of experience to either mend the current ones or replace with fresh/new ones. Given the standard you work to I'd advise the latter option.

Thanks jay I'll have a go myself and put her back together once I freshing up the the front could be a good time to paint the whole bay :).

Cars off the road till I dunno as driving my dads car till January and getting a new one as I've a little baby due in march and the gt is doing any favours to my girlfriend been to low and bumpy. So the gt will be worked on in the summer when some time is aloud.

johnnygt

Member +
@ Rosso -

diagram Jay posted up part numbers > 53202 & 53203 the head-lamp surround that are welded on the chasis i have these here brand new when i crashed my car

inbox me if interested i got these brand new from Toyota main dealers but never used as we scrapped the car lol

rosso321

Member +
@ Rosso -

diagram Jay posted up part numbers > 53202 & 53203 the head-lamp surround that are welded on the chasis i have these here brand new when i crashed my car

inbox me if interested i got these brand new from Toyota main dealers but never used as we scrapped the car lol

thanks man looking to fix them and paint myself cheapest option out off it tbh. As need bonnet grill dsf quadlight wing dsf indicator and like both wings and uncut bumper.