had my dc2 on the dyno on sat

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Well i went to jdm dyno with the teg on sat.

the car is a 99 uk with 110 miles completely standard except a 96 jdm exhaust manifold and decat and resonator box removed.

heres the graph

18122010076.jpg

shes running a tad rich and has a dip before vtec :( but this doesn't seem to be noticeable on the road.
not bad really its what i was expecting.

ibz

Member +
think all vtec's have a dip just before vtec kicks in. to make it seem faster and more of a kick maybe lol

pc18

That's very good with 100,000+ miles on bet he goes well!!

yeah it does go quite well its good fun. the guy who has jdm dyno said the honda engines seem to make slightly more as they get older as they free up a bit.

Derek

Lifer
Some lads in ireland reckon a vtec engine is only run in at 100k.lol they were deadly serious as well.

conalmcn

Member +
but getting 11.8bhp from a manifold is definitely good going. If you changed from a uk mani to a aftermarket mani youd be very pleased with that figure. definitely must be a good engine

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Nice one Paul!

Hope the Starlet is still in progress too :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

wesgt

Lifer
but getting 11.8bhp from a manifold is definitely good going. If you changed from a uk mani to a aftermarket mani youd be very pleased with that figure. definitely must be a good engine

yeh was gonna say the health of the engine comes into play too, good power either way, i know a few integras with more mods that didn't make that

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeh was gonna say the health of the engine comes into play too, good power either way, i know a few integras with more mods that didn't make that

yeah honda engines are funny, there is a lot of "mods" out there that actually negate power for some reason,

thats a pretty decent result though paul

I would imagine that part of the reason is because its a UK spec and its running on UK fuel. JDM cars performance, especially n/a cars, are affected badly by the fuel we have here or at least thats what I have seen on the dyno

yeah honda engines are funny, there is a lot of "mods" out there that actually negate power for some reason,

Ive seen this myself, an ek9 sir with a japspeed manifold actually lost 12bhp and that was dyno'd right before the manifold was fitted and dyno'd again directly after

conalmcn

Member +
Something like a manifold would definitely be better getting mapped to a car, a manifold changes everything including best vtec crossover point so without a map your really doing your car no favours at all.

pc18

Nice one Paul!

Hope the Starlet is still in progress too :)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

yeah the starlet is still on going mate, its been kicked out of the garage though unfortunatly and i cant work on it when its like this. been looking into a few things for it like bike carbs ect, just ideas though atm

cheers mate, yeah thats the reason the stock airbox and exhaust are still there and why i fitted an oem honda manifold not a expensive stainless one that will get dents and scrape on the floor.

Tidy result mate, will have to race! Lol

haha, mine wouldnt stand a chance with yours been jdm yo!

Something like a manifold would definitely be better getting mapped to a car, a manifold changes everything including best vtec crossover point so without a map your really doing your car no favours at all.

:holdit: well ball bag my car has gone from 187 to 198.8 bhp and a good bit more torque aswel!! its freed it up a good bit and does seem to pull a bit harder :drive:

thanks for the comments guys! i wont be doing much else with this i think, except maybe sell it lol.

conalmcn

Member +
so im a ballbag because i stated running a manifold in a vtec without a map isn't good for it? ring thi north or cpl and ask them, dickhead!

and my comment was in regards to people fitting aftermarket manifolds without mapping them not the standard jdm one. And btw a rolling road proves fuck all, it could be reading up or down.