Halfords Advanced Professional Tool Set

Glanza24

Member +
Hey people looking to get a tool set for x-mas. I did check the fourms and seen that the Halfords Advanced Professional tools would suit me the best as only bit diy on weekends on the motor!

Just if people could link me to what they have on the halfords site i only found 2 around the 100 pound mark looking for abit more then 150 ratches and sockets looking for abit of a combo with screwdrives ect

Cheers people rep waiting for the help :rockon:

durmz

Member +
Get the 100 pound one, it comes with adapter set and you hardly ever need screwdrivers on a starlet apart from interior maybe. If you wanna spend another 50 you want a jack and stand set

Nwimie

Member +
i have a older style sockets set from halfords 150 piece imo best tools ive ever bought if anything ever breaks take it back they replace it. :) well worth the investment

Galen

Lifer
galen got that halfords set the other day. well impressed with it

Yeah really is a good bit of kit and with the half price deal in Halfords now it was well worth it!
Ive already used it to remove front bumper, intercooler, radiator, turbo, mani, decat and front section of my exhaust! Might as well get my moneys worth from it lol

lingl9z

Member +
Halfords tool sets not bad at all tbh, If you fancy getting a torque wrench pop down to argos as there only £20 rather than 79 like halfords lol =]

durmz

Member +
Yeah but would you trust an argos 20 pound torque wrench to be accurate when your bolting an engine together? I wouldnt duuuuddee!!

lingl9z

Member +
Drumz it worked perfectly for me/mate it was actually a good make, can't remeber which one though. Will let you know which when I dig it out!

sx_turbo

Lifer
Yeah but would you trust an argos 20 pound torque wrench to be accurate when your bolting an engine together? I wouldnt duuuuddee!!

x2

cheap torque wrenches are rubbish as there at least 10% out from factory, torque wrenches is where the money needs to be spent and the halfords ones arent that great.

all other halfords tools are pretty damn good though