haltech computers

starlet666

Member +
do any of u guys run the haltech computers the minicepter or the intercepter im just after some knowlage on these ones with the starlet as my boss is keen 2 sponser me one and i can get it tuned for nuthin as i can tune em just dont wanna waste my time on it if i dont get results...

sx_turbo

Lifer
pm toby, or hybrid they seem to be knowledgable about 99.9% of things starlet related abd engine management.

what sort of spec you be running with it?

starlet666

Member +
i got cp or je pistons at a 8.5 or 8.2 cr dont know yet 5e cams and crower rods gt28rs "disco potato"turbo wanna run it at aroun 18psi min 28psi max as that is where it is most efficiant with my car hopin 2 get at least 180kw atw

sx_turbo

Lifer
i'm guessing haltec is a full standalone ecu?

as i said pm hybrid and or toby and ask there opinions.

sx_turbo

Lifer
hmmmm, have you looked at the emanage ultimate? hybrid was saying that thats as good as having a standalone ecu

starlet666

Member +
i deal with these things haltech microtech and the greddy computers here in aus just dont know what they like on a starlet just wanna know if the haltech has been used cause im able 2 get one for nuthin as sponorship if i get it tuned computer is paid for tuning i pay for still an alright deal i think

http://www.haltech.com.au/interceptor.htm
have a look at it its a piggyback called the intercepter
i am gettin an intercepter platininium next one up nothin on there website as yet for it but hey have alot of features thats arent listed

Last edited:

Chris@CCM

Member +
i deal with these things haltech microtech and the greddy computers here in aus just dont know what they like on a starlet just wanna know if the haltech has been used cause im able 2 get one for nuthin as sponorship if i get it tuned computer is paid for tuning i pay for still an alright deal i think

sounds good to me mate haltech is not used very much in the uk but i know its a big name in aus . i cant see you having any probs with it

starlet666

Member +
only thing i was after was more of a plug in computer so i can just pull it out if i wanna use it in my next car i plan on gettin another ep82 and keepin this one as my show car later on

Chris@CCM

Member +
you could just get a extension harness mate
FieldHarness.jpg

beat to it lol

starlet666

Member +
where do i get this extension harness i know that greddy make a plug in loom for one and apexi do a plug in pfc for em but where could i just get a patch loom 2 splice wires 2

starlet666

Member +
problem is gettin it 2 aus

so this harness goes into the factory ecu and the loom and is just a bridge between them... sweet never knew they existed at all

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
go for it, its a good ecu. a guy here sells em, I've seen em working they're good.

yeah...the extension harness is a nice piece of kit........saves butchering your oem harness with splicing

they can also be obtained from www.rhdjapan.com for very reasonable cost..........depends on which source/suplier is easier for u........also dave burwash sell them too

Damage

Member +
They are awesome standalones. If I had to upgrade from the emanage ultimate it will be either Haltech, AEM or maybe the Power FC as its plug and play.