Hand brake light

Rumel786

Member +
Right guys, basically my handbrake lights gone bonkers, when on throttle it lights up, when i ease of throttle it goes off but then lights up again when i put my foot down a little. In stationary however it doesnt come on (unless i put the handbrake up) or when im coasting it doesnt light up.

It isnt affecting the performance of the car in anyway but cant see why its doing this?

Its happened since the cars been filled up in some bp ultimate fuel and now and then i have noticed it smells of petrol in the car.

Already done a diagnostic test & nothings come up.

Also cleaned the handbrake sensor but still no luck, does anyone know what possibly could be the problem?

Its doing my head in for the past couple of days as i cant figure out what the problem could be!!!

GTnomez

Member +
switch by the handbrake????

Which switch bro?

there is a little switch which turns the light on and off, it maybe loose and the acceleration is rocking it on and off.

its located down where you can tighten the cable,its going to be filthy!

Rumel786

Member +
More then likely brake fluid as i changed my brakes the other day & ordered some break fluid, just waiting for it to turn up lol!!!!!!!!

Chers guys for the help!!!!

Does it do it when its really low?

Or would i be ok driving car say 6 miles tomorrow?

Rumel786

Member +
there is a little switch which turns the light on and off, it maybe loose and the acceleration is rocking it on and off.

its located down where you can tighten the cable,its going to be filthy!

Already cleaned all that junk, definately not because its loose as its always when im steadily building revs it lights up!! when i slowly build revs it doesnt!

More then likely brake fluid!

MentaLEP91

Member +
yes if the brake fluid is low, then by braking, the hoses suck the fluid and the hand brake light comes on, it worked like that on my glanza :)

Arnold

Lifer
Does that on most cars. If you hadn't changed the brakes it usually means they're worn unless you have a fluid leak. Lots of people just top up without checking/changing the pads.