handling comparison GT vs Glanza

Big_Daddy

Member +
Im thinking of exchanging my gt for a glanza as its more modern but mainly for the xtra's such as abs, airbag. i know the glanza are a tad heavier compared to the Gt but thats good inaway.

Just wanted to know from ppl on here, standard vs standard is the drive the same, plus on highway does the glanza steering get lighter compared to the GT. I find that abit scary as i cant feel the road. I cant get rid of PS as i need it around town.

Big_Daddy

Member +
My cuz has 95 GT on Trd coil overs, seems to handle well but still feels abit like if you about to launch off after 70.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I think right quality is very different between the 2.... Glanza feels newer, less aggressive and old school.... Has more of a refined feeling to it.

Handling wise i would say they have similar potential at the end of the day....

Jay

Admin
Will get fried for this one but what the hell..

If anyone with an EP82 wants to simulate the Glanza experience just get two of your biggest mates to sit in the back. It's pretty much the same.

That's my thoughts on this one and I know others will disagree but someone had to say it.

ChrisGT

Member +

If anyone with an EP82 wants to simulate the Glanza experience just get two of your biggest mates to sit in the back. It's pretty much the same.

That's my thoughts on this one and I know others will disagree but someone had to say it.

Oooh controversial! :p

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager

:eek: How dare you............. But yea agree, they are basically the same thing the only difference is the weight. Spend 1000euro and you'll have a great handling car, But Spend 2000euro and you'll scare the shit out of yourself as well as a few other cars :p.

gv1.3

Admin
have driven both stock and would disagree with Jays comment above... there was virtually zero difference as far as I could tell. At the end of the day they are extremely similar one is a bit heavier but not noticable in my opinion. When you are dealing with very light cars a few KG's here and there are not going to be noticable on a road car.

If you are going for a track car both can be stripped out to a similar level. As for handling neither impressed me stock and felt equally crap.

Jay

Admin
There is always a factor that cannot be easily applied to handling threads such as this. I think Dylan's feedback and my earlier post shows this.

There is a human factor.

For example I can drive the same vehicle down the same road as someone else and my views of the comfort, handling and abilities of the suspension could be miles away from theirs.

My advice is to drive it. If it doesn't feel right then don't make the change.

As for there being no difference in the stock setup? I've driven a lot of standard setups over the years and my choice is the mk3 EP82 stock suspension. Much firmer and direct than the mk1 & 2 versions without the added weight of an EP91 chassis.

However it's also worth noting that I'd prefer to be in an EP91 during a collision. The Japanese developers made huge advances in both active and passive safety when building the EP91.

gv1.3

Admin
agreed 100%

When I had to get rid of my Mondeo company car and pick a new one I test drove the new mondeo and it felt much lighter... I didnt like that feeling as the older mondeo felt big and heavy and stable on the road. Another guy I worked with loved the new feel of the Mondeo. I ultimately went for the Avensis as it felt a bit more heavy and sure footed on the road.

I guess the bit I dont agree with is putting people in the back... because Ive had two people in the back of my Glanza before and it made such a difference.. and in my opinion there is not that much difference between the starlet or glanza.. there may be a slight difference but it wasnt noticable for me.

I guess the bit I dont agree with is putting people in the back... because Ive had two people in the back of my Glanza before and it made such a difference.. and in my opinion there is not that much difference between the starlet or glanza.. there may be a slight difference but it wasnt noticable for me.

I believe that was a major exagerration :p

2 of my my biggest mates wouldnt fit in the back of a glanza anyway:p

gv1.3

Admin
LOL... I love my ABS... we differ again! It saved me twice in the Glanza, although it hasnt come on since I upgraded my brakes.

gv1.3

Admin
;) didnt you have a pic of a crashed GT as your avatar at one point :) My Glanza is front end damage free ;)