Has Anyone Fitted A Turbosmart External Wastegate To Their Starlet?

Deano

Banned
Hi guys in about 2 weeks i'm looking at purchasing a turbosmart external wastegate one mechanic guy I know said that the 38 mm streetgate ones are quite large and it may be a tight fit but I hear the 2008 ones are smaller and lighter will I have any issues fitting it with the stock efi pipe.

Or will it be easy for the mechanic to fit? I have a sps mild steel manifold that it needs to be welded to. I don't want one of those ugly looking tial ones I reckon the turbosmart ones look way better and the turbosmart will match my boost tee.

Also whats peoples opinions on the turbosmart streetgate 38 mm?

Cheers

Adam_Glanza

Member +
im sure that alot of people use 38mm for external wastegates without trouble?

im not sure if the turbosmart one is any larger but i cant see a problem with it?

depending on what boost your running i wouldnt want to go much smaller but i would amagine it will be ok

Deano

Banned
Thanks Adam i'm going to be running 12 psi it's on about 8 atm so will be a big difference :rockon:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
38mm will be fine and will cope with 350-400 bhp mate. The 38mm external wastegate is fine for what you want.

Turbosmart are very good indeed, however fitting one without having to remove the EFI pipe could be a little challenging.

Deano

Banned
The efi piping would probably have to be removed to get rid of that hks actuator and weld up the hole. Would it fit with the efi pipe on there though?