Hazards, Horn, Indicator issues

SKINY

Lifer
Symptoms: no horn or hazards, pressing Hazard switch cancels the indicators, indicators not working at all, blew the fuse under the dash twice then indicator relay failed
So the other week all of the above failed :( had it down to a stalk but nope wasn't the stalk,(upgraded to MK1 stalk). Checked a few things at Jay's but still nothing (Hazard switch and fuses) happening, couple of days later I hear the indicator relay buzzing so got one from Jay(cheers again bro)and swapped it last night, indicators now working as normal but still no horn or hazard lights and pressing the hazard switch will still cancel the indicator.
Normally I love electrical shit but this is doing my head in, next up to try is the horn relay under the bonnet.
Thoughts folk ?

Jay

Admin
My guess is you have trapped something when putting the dashboard back in. Could be wrong but its probably a factor.

SKINY

Lifer
Yea 3 times now it's been out/in bud :rolleyes:. I've always been extra careful with the looms and last time it was out was some time ago now so probably would have shown before now, but it's a Turbo Toyota so feck knows. Can see the dash and multimeter out Again if horn relay and hazard switch don't fix it, yay

Rev

Member +
You have probably fixed things by now but my thoughts go to horn earthing . I have found removing rust in the horn bolt thread fixed things for a while but later discovered a crack in the metal frame further back was breaking the horn earthing circuit.

SKINY

Lifer
You have probably fixed things by now but my thoughts go to horn earthing . I have found removing rust in the horn bolt thread fixed things for a while but later discovered a crack in the metal frame further back was breaking the horn earthing circuit.
No mate no time to get at it yet, hopefully get an hour or 3 this weekend at it but flat out. Been meaning to re-do a few earth's the last few weeks too just so they are fresh.
No boost issue overtook this issue now that's sorted can move on down the list....... :)

SKINY

Lifer
all working now, earths removed and cleaned and few new ones added.
fuse was away too but never picked up on it until i put the tester on it, looking at it it seemed ok too

SKINY

Lifer
Indeed mate, shouting out the window only works if your beside an idiot which in my town is standard FS lol