HDi EBC problem

GTnomez

Member +
hi guys,

i installed my HDi ebc yesterday and i foolowed the instrcutions given. i wired up a ground, live, and ignition and connected up all plugs so there was power running through the ebc and boost gauge. i then plugged in the vaccum line and the gauge was reading the boost.

the problem is that i connected up the soleniod, i put it in between the line that goes to the actuator and to the turbo. but i am unable to adjust the boost, it still hits 1 bar. my hks actuator is set at 1 bar but when i adjust the hi lo setting, it doesnt do anything. i swapped the lines over between the actuator and turbo but still no good

any ideas??

ChrisW

Lifer
You do realise that you can only turn boost up with an EBC dont you? As in you will have to have the actuator set up at 0.6bar and then increase it from there???

GTnomez

Member +
You do realise that you can only turn boost up with an EBC dont you? As in you will have to have the actuator set up at 0.6bar and then increase it from there???

ahaa!!!! i thought that!! thats why i mentioned about my hks actuator at one bar.

so i just bought a controller for no reason?? ahh crap

so i cant have my actuator set at 1bar and be able to have a low setting and keep the high setting at 1 bar so its more stable???

ChrisW

Lifer
ahaa!!!! i thought that!! thats why i mentioned about my hks actuator at one bar.

so i just bought a controller for no reason?? ahh crap

so i cant have my actuator set at 1bar and be able to have a low setting and keep the high setting at 1 bar so its more stable???

No mate you cant. With the aid of an actuator set at 0.6bar and a boost controller though a bar of boost should hold nice and steady, mine did! If it doesn't then I'd be questioning my EBC?

monka

Member +
No mate you cant. With the aid of an actuator set at 0.6bar and a boost controller though a bar of boost should hold nice and steady, mine did! If it doesn't then I'd be questioning my EBC?

yeah i think you are just trying to do it the wrong way mate, 1 bar with actuator and 0.6 with ebc.

you need to set your actuator to 0.6 bar, and the ebc to 1bar

GTnomez

Member +

so is there really a point in an EBC if my actuator is set at 1 bar?? then again if im going td04 then the stanrd actuator is .8 bar and i wanna boost 1 bar so i would increase it using the EBC

so ideally i would have to wind the actuator out to .6 then increase using the EBC??

thanks chris rep added

monka

Member +
so is there really a point in an EBC if my actuator is set at 1 bar?? then again if im going td04 then the stanrd actuator is .8 bar and i wanna boost 1 bar so i would increase it using the EBC

so ideally i would have to wind the actuator out to .6 then increase using the EBC??

thanks chris rep added

yeah if you want a hi and low setting mate. that is how you would need to do it

GTnomez

Member +
bah!! waste of money of money if ya ask me!!!

so the problem was me then!! gotta wind the actuator down then

also, is it like a trial and error in turning up and down the boost?? would i have to turn it abit then drive to see what it hits on the boost gauge and change it to what i want?

monka

Member +
yeah mate, take the controller off, wind the actuator out a few turns, go for a drive, check it, adjust, drive, check, adjust. etc

Big_Daddy

Member +
bah!! waste of money of money if ya ask me!!!

so the problem was me then!! gotta wind the actuator down then

also, is it like a trial and error in turning up and down the boost?? would i have to turn it abit then drive to see what it hits on the boost gauge and change it to what i want?

Yeh i did mine slike that, one full turn, re-pin actuator and drive. ended needed a new glove a the end. lol

GTnomez

Member +
im not on about redjusting the actuator, if i just wind it out a bit to a lower setting, do i have to drive and test it with the boost controller?? turn the nob and then drive to see where its set?? then change if i want to?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
just set your actuator with a few mm of preload and bring the boost up to your desired level with the controller. easy.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
just set your actuator with a few mm of preload and bring the boost up to your desired level with the controller. easy.

As above best way, boost is always mechanical. Always best to set the boost a few PSI off the desired pressure and trim the last few with the EBC.

T

GTnomez

Member +
so, the best way would be to wind the actuator to about 0.6 or so and have that as the low setting and then have the hi setting to 1 bar?? yes, have i finally got it??

or not??