HDI intercooler fitting query - pics needed

Kev

Member +
Hi all,

I'm going to be ordering a HDI intercooler kit from SPS Dane and just have one issue I may need to overcome on fitting.

manifold

filter

filter1

From the image above you can see I have my filter re-located behind the arch liner in front of the wheel.

Could anyone show me some images that show the intercooler pipe and where exactly it runs, preferably with the bumper off?

I'm thinking I may have to re-position my air filter slightly or it could be a very tight fit.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks
Kev

Spoonz

Member +
it looks like u will have to repostion it i had 1 on my last glanza and its very similar to how the weprs are but that relocation is gonna be in the way :(

Glanza_cl

Member +
yeah as above the hdi pipes run right round by the fog lights, and i had to cut some of the arch lining to run the pipes round and under...so it does look like your filter might be in the way a bit.

Kev

Member +
Thanks, can anyone recommend any places to purchase bits that I could use to re-position the filter?

I maybe able to move it with the bits I have now. What I want to ensure is that I have parts I can use if I have to move the filter when stripping everything down and fitting the front mount.

edit: seems to be a lot of induction piping on ebay with varying angles and lengths.

Kev

Last edited:

Kev

Member +
thanks for that, that filter is fitted with the front mount, stock rad and air con removed isn't it? I want to keep my air con, but with pipe alterations, my filter could stay where it is.

I think I'll have to offer it all up and see what needs changing and then order the parts for the filter.

Matchew

Member +
thanks for that, that filter is fitted with the front mount, stock rad and air con removed isn't it? I want to keep my air con, but with pipe alterations, my filter could stay where it is.

I think I'll have to offer it all up and see what needs changing and then order the parts for the filter.

Yes fella stock rad, fmic and a/c removed, you might be fine with your current setup with as you say a few tweeks but who need a/c anyways lol

Kev

Member +
for the 2 days of the british summer lol, which we just had last saturday and sunday hahaha!

and it's going to be HOT this summer..........honest it really is LOL!

I just don't want the hassle of removing it all just yet and also when I come to sell it, it can be a plus depending on the person buying it of course.

Kev

Arnold

Lifer
I'v kept ac, it can be a life saving on a long journey, really does make a difference.

I have to agree. Cold air feed really didn't help with the weekend heat wave and air con was a must! The black Glanza i had Kev, the air filter was still located at the back of the engine bay.

cameroon95

Member +
I have to agree. Cold air feed really didn't help with the weekend heat wave and air con was a must! The black Glanza i had Kev, the air filter was still located at the back of the engine bay.

Yeah i sometimes wonder if the black really does make much more of a difference in heat as i have a black glanza aswell.

J25GTi

Lifer
Just don't buy a hdi kit, much simpler, so difficult to fit its untrue! My bumper still won't sit right!

Matchew

Member +
Just don't buy a hdi kit, much simpler, so difficult to fit its untrue! My bumper still won't sit right!

The joys of modyfied cars fellaand the hdi kits have a massive core tbf, if you buy an autobahn fmic for a glanza you have the joy of making it fit behind the crashbar so all is good fun

Kev

Member +

That's what a dremel is for, I don't mind if I have to cut away parts of the bumper to make it fit properly.

J25GTi

Lifer
Seriously, I'm all for modifying and that, and I knew I would have to cut the bumper, but a 96v with aircon left in, your going to hardly have any front bumper left mate, trust me!

That's what a dremel is for, I don't mind if I have to cut away parts of the bumper to make it fit properly.

J25GTi

Lifer
Can I see some images of your bumper cut?

thansk
Kev

i can get some for you on saturday is that ok?

i have taken my aircon out and still had to cut a fair whack out of it,

alot of people who, leave aircon in have hardly any of their bumper left on

Kev

Member +
i can get some for you on saturday is that ok?

i have taken my aircon out and still had to cut a fair whack out of it,

alot of people who, leave aircon in have hardly any of their bumper left on

Sure no worries,

I take it, it will look similar to this below?

DSC00068.jpg

thanks
Kev