HDTV's

Jaak

Member +
Thats defo gonna be shitty for gaming man. Get a samsung, little bit more, but well worth it! The refresh rate on that one is poor, same with the contrast.

Clicky...

Dont even think about that tv, its like buying a Autobhan manifold..

I dont personally own a samsung, but they are wicked for the price your paying!

I went panasonic last yea and paid a fair whack for a 37", well worth it now though! - Remember its an investment :p

monka

Member +
Dont even think about that tv, its like buying a Autobhan manifold..

I dont personally own a samsung, but they are wicked for the price your paying!

I went panasonic last yea and paid a fair whack for a 37", well worth it now though! - Remember its an investment :p

investment? a tv, lol.

hd is the new thing, but wait till hd tv's start getting cheaper, they will put something else in it which will bump them up and your tv will become worthless.

i bought a lg tv a few years ago, £450 for one of the best lcd's available at the time, worth fack all now as ya could get a 33 inch hd for that now.

also, any one noticed a cycle in tv's, they get cheap, then something 'new' conveniantly comes along and bumps up the prices

i mean, there were normal tv's. then widescreen ones appeared,

then digital tv appeared, but you needed digibox's,

then you could get widescreen tv's with digital built in.

then lcd/plasma appeared,

then lcd plasma with built in digital

lcd/plasma with hd

now free sat has appeared and you need a seperate box.

and on the newest tv's today

lcd/plasma with free sat built in.

so whats next??

monka

Member +
mmm, maybe, although what purpose do they serve, over the last of the above, each of them was an improvement to the function, like lcd's and plasma's allowed tv's to be mounted in walls etc, extra thin doesnt make it more versatile,

i dont think that will catch to be honeset

goldenvtr

Member +
theres alreayd talk of the next step in HD - apparently its described as "clearer than real life" lol

ive got my 26" samsung had it 3 years now,paid 410 for it and they still sell new(equivilent spec) for 350 so i concider that pretty good depriciation.
and its by far better than the budget ones

Guye

Lifer
mmm, maybe, although what purpose do they serve, over the last of the above, each of them was an improvement to the function, like lcd's and plasma's allowed tv's to be mounted in walls etc, extra thin doesnt make it more versatile,

i dont think that will catch to be honeset
You're right,,,they seem to be more for show. Still, I'm sure they are plenty who will get such just for show...sort of a status symbol. The Vizio on my wall suits me just fine.

monka

Member +
lol, yeah they are nice, my boss has just started selling tv's out of the car audio shop i work in, just remember a guy came in the shop today and ordered a really thin tv, guessing it was one of those or something, didnt hear the whole convo, although one bit i did get was

'its to go into my fitness room'

fucking rich cunt. lol

GT_lewis89

Member +
i got 42" in my room. was either £600 for 37" or £606 for 42". thought £6 difference 42" please. financed as well. currys do good deals. pictures so much better on HD.

ragz

Member +
42'' panasonic viera strictly for ps3 gaming u cannot go wrong

tv's shold be getting cheaper due to the new l.e.d tv's coming out

si-87

Member +
thats quite expensive for an unknown brand, last time they had the sales on after xmas, i brought 2 x samsung 32" series 4 tv's and each of them cost little over £2 more than the one youre looking at, have you tried costco, makro or bookers?

sx_turbo

Lifer
bought my 32" toshiba FULL hd 1080p in jan and paid £399 for it. i'm really pleased with it aswell, and fit's great in my room.

i'm just waiting for blueray's or ps3 to come down in price enough to buy one lol. (i'm also hoping toshiba will sell a blueray player so i can use just 1 remote)

if your gonna buy a hd tv now, your best of getting one with full hd characteristics, hd ready is now considered as old hat ;)

Last edited:

Mimtu

Member +
if its 37" or bigger better off makin sure its full HD 1080P, esp if you planning on PS3 or blu ray, will def make a difference, 32" is the sort of size you notice a bit of a difference betweeen 1080P and 1080i really but anythin smaller with a 1080P sticker on it is rubbish cos you wouldn't see a difference.

I'd agree that the samsungs are pretty good but sound can be a bit poor so maybe worth lookin for a deal with a surround sound kit too! also some nice sony's out there! you should also have a look at richer sounds website cos they sometimes have some good deals goin on!

oh and next big thing for tvs will be the OLED screens.....3mm thick!!

oh and freesat is crap if you can get freeview through an aerial cos its all the same except the smallest ammount of high def and that will come through the aerial once the digital switch over is almost completed.

my own opinions of course :p