Head gasket failure?

Rumel786

Member +
well since yesterday the car has started to let out smoke from my oil catch can!i havent noticed any smoke from the exhaust and the car if holding 1 bar of boost fine.oil pressure seems fine..not sure if it could be due to low oil in car?

Can anyone enlighten me on this prob?

Was planning on servicing the car tomorrow to see if that stops it.

check your PCV....
if its anything else,,then u might have pistons/rings damage---in its initial stages...get a compression test done

is any oil coming out the breather?--going into the can?

Rumel786

Member +
my oil catch can is set up differently..i will bump up a thread with pics of my catch can set up!

Only a very small amount of oil was found in thr can after last cleaning in out which was 4 months ago.

Rumel786

Member +
28012009322.jpg

28012009323.jpg

28012009324.jpg

28012009325.jpg

28012009326.jpg

28012009327.jpg

Right guys, in the first pic (please note there is no longer oil covered there lol it is an old pic) where the holes are for it to act as a breather white smoke is coming out of there constantly.

Any ideas what it could be?

weakboy2

Member +
cracked pistons or damaged rings.

do a compression test matey, tbh the stock engine if royally caned doesnt like it with a big turbo.

Rumel786

Member +
cracked pistons or damaged rings.

do a compression test matey, tbh the stock engine if royally caned doesnt like it with a big turbo.

Any good place you rcommend to get a comp test from?

If it was cracked piston/damaged rings would it not smoke out of the exhaust too and not hold boost or bost up properly?

ragz

Member +
if the catch can is filling up then its a sign ov failed piston or ringlands

any decent garage should be able to do u a comp test

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Any good place you rcommend to get a comp test from?

If it was cracked piston/damaged rings would it not smoke out of the exhaust too and not hold boost or bost up properly?

no. nexia's aygo was even faster with two pistons damaged from the ringlands hahaha

Rumel786

Member +
if the catch can is filling up then its a sign ov failed piston or ringlands

any decent garage should be able to do u a comp test
gonna give my local garage a call tomorrow and see what they can do.cheers bro!

no. nexia's aygo was even faster with two pistons damaged from the ringlands hahaha
bollocks...i didnt want to hear that sheldon :( will get a comp test done asap.