headgasket question :)

woff

Member +
fitting a new head to my ep soonish and was thinking would a standard toyota headgasket do the job? now you thought that mite be an easy answer but its goin to have a ct9 hybrid uprated fuel pressure front mount kit and full exhaust with decat. thinking of the 200bhp mark, think the standard size is 1.2mm :) chris.

its not about what size you need depending on bhp you want to run and will run dude, all depends on how much boost you wish to put through your engine and what spool time your looking for matey

TheStarletGT

Member +
Dear Woff, if its not to late, do not even contemplate using a standard 4e headgasket, you have been warned. If you feel you want to, dont be surprised about what you will consequently face. The people that replied to you have done a half assed job, a dodgey ass job in doing heads or headgaskets. They ignorded the negatives of using a cheap 4e headgasket.

ktl

Member +
im running 1.4bar 270hp+ on stock HG. but im using wiseco low comp pistons. All is well so far :)

J25GTi

Lifer
0.6 with some high comp pistons and 1.1 bar would be an animal :p

Though not tried and tested so I wouldn't advise it unless you have time and money to test it!

I'd run a metal 1.2mm for 1.4bar. Although a guy I know says hed rather run std hg then that will blow before any serious damage occurs if something goes pete tong

hmm i would run a 1.2 so standard size but a metal one mate, 1.4mm would be fine as wel but will bring lag time down a inch if you use the 1.2

No, im talking about the standard $e headgasket (nonturbo type). This HG is a big no no, but a genuine standard 4efte HG from toyota is A+.

yeah A+ with a standard engine on standard boost its made of cork for a reason toyota didnt fit metal ones for people to wack the boost up to 1.4 bar lol