Heater always hot?

vanlowe

Fresh Recruit
Bought my first Ep and first turbo car on Wednesday thought it was time to register on this forum.

So my heater only blows hot? Weird considering most issues are with it only blowing cold. When I adjust the slider from cold to hot and back there is no noise of parts moving, flaps operating, motor turning. I had center console bit out today while fixing stereo wiring and played around with the heater controls. Now i can hear the motor running when I adjust heater controls and the blower speed slows a bit while it adjusts but when set to cold it is maybe 1 degree colder than when on hot :confused: (this is with a warmed up engine). Possibly whatever moves to change between hot and cold is jammed?

Any ideas? Gets very hot on a rainy day and cant open the windows much to let hot air out :p

Thanks
Van

Jay

Admin
Hey bro,

You mention that there isn't a noise when changing the temp slider. That makes me think the flap in the heater box is either jammed or disconnected.

If you look at the bottom of the heater box (dead centre above where the centre tunnel meets the bulkhead) you should see the ECU. Look above it and you will see the underside of the heaterbox where the cables control the flaps. Make sure they are connected and moving.

Hope that helps,

Jay

vanlowe

Fresh Recruit
Cheers man will check that today. Its an Ep82 by the way, so the ECU is behind the stereo? Should make it even easier to see the cables then i suppose :)
Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks
Van

vanlowe

Fresh Recruit
Thanks very much man. There was a little threaded metal shaft that had popped out of its white plastic clip thing (excuse the awesome explanation). So the motor was moving but not moving the actual flaps. Connected this and all is well. Stoked with that.

Thanks
Van