heater matrix question???

96v

Member +
lol, not sure its in the right section but its part of the radiator system so its the closest i could find! anyway, im in need of a new heater matrix and was wondering if one from a glanza s or maybe even a uk n/a would fit? a new glanza v one from toyota is the best part of £250

any help would be muchly appreciated

Texx

Super Moderator
I can't confirm, but going by the part numbers a UK EP91 heater matrix should fit a Glanza V.

96v

Member +
I can't confirm, but going by the part numbers a UK EP91 heater matrix should fit a Glanza V.

lol, if someone like you who knows all about these little beast's cant be sure, im not sure if i want to risk it! haha!

would toyota themselves know? or just try and fob me off and make me go for the most expensive :S

Texx

Super Moderator
lol, if someone like you who knows all about these little beast's cant be sure, im not sure if i want to risk it! haha!

would toyota themselves know? or just try and fob me off and make me go for the most expensive :S

I've never replaced the matrix in either a UK EP91 or a Glanza V so I can't confirm from experience.

The EPC gives the following part numbers for a 01/1996-07/1999 UK EP91:

87107-10330
87107-42060 (substituted part number)

87107-10350 (for LHD EP91)

What causes some confusion are the part numbers it gives for a 01/1996-07/1999 Glanza V:

87107-10330
87107-42060 (substituted part number)

That would suggest that the UK and JDM EP91 use the same matrix, however the EPC also lists another part number for the matrix in a Glanza V:

87107-10340 Under model description it has: ±Ø (ØÔ Ë*À* Àþ ,Ä)

I'm not sure what ±Ø (ØÔ Ë*À* Àþ ,Ä) means, ±Ø in the description usually relates to a factory option so maybe it's the difference between manual heater controls and electronic climate control??

If your V has manual heater controls then I would expect a UK EP91 matrix to fit without any issues.

96v

Member +
by my reckoning and your astounding knowledge my friend, i think you could be on to something :)

would it make a difference if i have had my aircon taken out? and with regards to the manual heater controls, i take it you mean where i can change it from hot to cold myself? lol!

whats the electroinc climate control? could that be the eco button i have next to my air con button?

i basically only want it purely for the heaters as i said, i have no aircon etc so i think you could be right in which surely would save me a penny or two in having to purchase uk parts :)

Guye

Lifer
If you have an "auto" selection for your blower speed that the electronic climate control. Try Jay. He may have a good matrix you can get, but be warned, I've heard that replacing one is a huge project.

Jay

Admin
Speak of the devil huh?

I don't have any units to hand but I have previously fitted a 1996 V matrix to a UK spec vehicle. It was straight fit although both cars were fitted with manual heater controls (identified by a blue/red slider - Climatronic jobbies have the temp figures on them). All V's have an ECON button so ignore it.

Jay

96v

Member +
the only buttons i have are a/c which is obviously aircon and econ which i havent a clue wot that is :s all the blower controls etc are manually controlled which suggests i dont have climate control.

and the conclusion i guess going by what you and texx said means that a uk n/a heater matrix would be fine to use in my car :)

everything seems to match up :)

and jays post must definitely confirm it :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
why not just get your current matrix re-cored? shouldnt be too badly priced and then you know 100% that it will fit

96v

Member +
why not just get your current matrix re-cored? shouldnt be too badly priced and then you know 100% that it will fit

cuz they might not do a good job, iv thought about a few choices and the best one i think would be to get a new matrix :)

96v

Member +

Texx

Super Moderator
wot if its leaking from the body of the matrix and the cords are fine? then id be stuffed

They won't just re-core it and then give it back, the whole lot will be pressure tested to check for leaks once the job has been done. I'm not sure an EP91 matrix can be re-cored though, it'll depend on the type of end tanks it has.

I can recommend Arrow Radiators in Avonmouth if it's any good to you:

http://www.arrowradiators-bristol.co.uk/

This might be worth a look, if it's the right one then it's not a bad price:

http://www.demisterman.co.uk/Toyota/Toyota%20Starlet%20heater%20matrix.php

96v

Member +
They won't just re-core it and then give it back, the whole lot will be pressure tested to check for leaks once the job has been done. I'm not sure an EP91 matrix can be re-cored though, it'll depend on the type of end tanks it has.

I can recommend Arrow Radiators in Avonmouth if it's any good to you:

http://www.arrowradiators-bristol.co.uk/

This might be worth a look, if it's the right one then it's not a bad price:

http://www.demisterman.co.uk/Toyota/Toyota%20Starlet%20heater%20matrix.php

Thanks mate, i shall give them a ring and see what they say :) im also going to ring toyota in a bit and see what they have to say about the uk matrix :) i shall report back with my findings!