Hello from Sharpe Concepts Auto Refinishing

Cooch

Member +
A guy called YBY used to have an auto and had a very good power output from it. There are many tried and tested routes it just depends on what the cars purpose will be and how you prefer the power output.

azerty

Supermoderator
Welcome to the site.
the 4efte is a really tunable engine. look around in this forum you'll find quite loads of different routes. it really depends on what you really want and how deep your pockets are...

IMO, first thing to improve would be handling and brakes.

then the engine is up to your convenience :)
post some pics of your GTs !

Last edited:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yea if your looking for big power the auto box can only really take approx 200bhp so if you want a bit more maybe get a manual conversion

yea if your looking for big power the auto box can only really take approx 200bhp so if you want a bit more maybe get a manual conversion

Money is no object and 200bhp is more than enough, this is my 2nd car to drive around daily and I have another different car for the weekends..

What would would I need to do to see 200bhp then?? or anywhere close really.

Plus im also looking for a lip kit but the prices for this car seem to be well above what the kit is worth..

If anybody in the Essex area has a kit they want fitted and painted for free in exchage for me taking moulds of the kit, I would be more than happy to do it for you.

or if anybody would allow me to take moulds from thier kits in exchange for body repair/paintwork?

Dave.

Member +
^ ooooff what a guy

Sounds like a good way to do it, i'm nowhere near but hopefully someone close will help ya :D

oh and...

Most people get simple breathing mods first, they're an essential for any modified car - Induction kit/mushroom filter (HKS/Apex'i etc) new manifold (many many many available from traders here - Toby, Speedvision, daveburwash, sache @ wepr etc...) and a full exhaust (turbo back or a Cat-back with gutted cat or decat), again, from traders here - you'll probably want to get the suspension sorted too, if it isn't already - previously mentioned traders have STACKS of different options from just springs through to coilovers

Next up, more boost, with an electronic boost controller or a new adjustable actuator (and HKS one for example, at around £90) stock fuel cut is at around about 0.85 bar, so 11-12 psi is a good increase from stock (only 9psi) a New intercooler (Front mounted - FMIC) is essential, to keep boosted air temperatures down - or even an uprated Top mounted intercooler (TMIC from an rx-7 or whatever)

If you want to crank it up another notch, get a new ECU, or a fuel computer (apex'i safc or equivalent), even a Fuel pressure regulator, coupled with a new fuel pump and a decent session on a Rolling road to get it running perfectly...

You could even go the new turbo road, with TD04's being popular here (from an impreza) and even a Hybrid Turbo (direct fit, good spool, but not so much high end bhp as a TD04).

In short, as long as whatever you do, you do right, it won't break :p Guys on here run 200+bhp reliably every day, and i am running a fair bit over stock, and get good mpg, and NEVER any real trouble over my last year (at least) of GT ownership

if you stick with stock turbo, about 180bhp is as good as it gets without pushing far too hard (guys have achieved 200bhp though)

I'd stick with stock turbo, and do most things i've mentioned (optional on the standalone or piggyback ecu) and you'd get 160-180bhp easy and reliably :)

Dave

Last edited:
SUSPENSION mods!!!!

Brakes....

Then power

then gauges lol

Sorry ive not mentioned suspention mods as I sell suspention every day so know all i need to know about that side of things.

Ive never owned a turbo car so need pointing in the right direction on the engine side of things ..
cheers

Last edited:
So just to recap

engine mods to do list

induction kit
cat back exhaust
boost controller
decat
actuator
turn up boost
exhaust manifold
intake manifold?