Hello Newbie Wanting Adivce

L.J

Fresh Recruit
Hello folks

came across this site and thought I'd join the fun :D

I would like some advice if you dont mind. I have been thinking of getting a glanza for a while now have about 4K to spend but if I get one it will have to last a good few years 3-4 is it still a good bet?
I dont know much about fixing cars so I would be a complete newbie to the whole thing guess thats whats putting me off.

Any good advice greatfull.

Cheers

Kelly

Member +
what kinda cars do you buy that dont last 3-4years?

all should be ok as long as your not so unlucky to buy a crapper of a ride?!

Welcome to the forum.

L.J

Fresh Recruit
yeah i guess you are right only had one car the one I have at the minute. Its a saxo 1.1 east coast lol guess its done its job.
I live in north east england can any one suggest a good place to buy a glanza from ?

Cheers fellas

Kelly

Member +
best advice i can give is stay away from Keighley Trade Centre.

i found my GT in autotrader. search on the classifieds on here too.

L.J

Fresh Recruit
Really I am glad you said that I was looking on there web site.
Whats up with them ?
All the import places seem to be down south, not many up north.

Kelly

Member +
everything is up with them. do a search (on this site) for their name. brings up bad bad feedback.

L.J

Fresh Recruit
thanks for the advice.

Can any one suggest any one they have delt with to buy a glanza in the north east ?

Wild

Member +
WRC-Sales has some sexy Glanzas including a black JAM kitted one on super advan alloys... think they are in Brum.

Cooch

Member +
Welcome mate. Any questions dont hesistate to ask. I cant help with the car sales though as im a south east lad. Sorry.

Cooch

tosa2tosa

Member +
for that sort of money try looking for a near standard model with around 50/60k miles
nice mods would be:
full exhaust,
decat,
good looking alloys,
coilovers,
later spec bumpers/lights

if u wana go for 1 with more performance mods then b careful the works been done properly, plus if u can try checking wot boost they're running

L.J

Fresh Recruit
cheers mate for the advice i'm not in any rush to find one so I will just have to keep alook out for a nice one.

Nwimie

Member +
welcome to the site mate try some of the traders on here they can import you a car to your specification,

Timmy

Member +
6.9secs don't listen to the gt guys saying 7.1sec they're just jeleous.
btw 3-4 years is alot to ask for nothing major to go wrong. Turbo seals will almost certainly go with in that time unless they've already been done other weakish parts are crank seals and cylinder 3 if the engine is modded. But for the kind of performance they give you'd find it hard to find a more reliable car.

ChrisW

Lifer
I've just bought a GT from WRC Sales in Bradford which I'm guessing is reasonably close. They've got some top Glanza's at the moment and are quite proffesional when it comes to car sales. The prices are probably a little more than most places but you can tell the difference in the quality of their imports compared to to others. They also provide a warranty which is very reassuring. Definately worth a look :)

gordie

Member +
:rockon:welcome mate, i good glanza can last a long time if looked after, for instance there are still alot of pre glanzas about GT Turbos from the early 90's. check this out i am selling it is the nicest glanzas around with everything for the beginner thought of like alarmed etc etc, cos if you buy direct from a deal they usually don't have extra like an alarm. check it out. http://www31.brinkster.com/gshephard/glanza