Help Car Not Hitting Full Boost Till 4500 Rpm

Deano

Banned
Today I got my manifold fitted and the mechanic removed my efi pipe and he said it was really hard to get it back on the car now hits full boost at 4500 rpm where it used to hit full boost at 3500 rpm just took it for a boost before and noticed that the 2 turbo lights come on then at 4500 rpm-5000 rpm the 3rd light comes on :(

Do you guys reckon that the efi pipe rubber grommet would have folded over resulting in the lag? Any help would be appreciated I want my full boost at 3500 rpm back lol

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
Sounds like something isn't sealing properly, did you inspect the wastegate of the turbo when you had it off? and make sure the actuator is holding the wastegate firmly shut still ;)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
When you say the mechanic took the EFI pipe off he literally took it off the turbo itself completely? Really odd if he did as there is no reason to remove the EFI pipe when fitting the manifold it just pushes down out of the way and you can then access the head bolts for the turbo. He said it was a tight fit back on the point you raised about the rubber coupling that sits around the intake housing is a valuable point it might be worth checking out as if it has folded over of jammed out of place when it was fitted this will cause restriction.

dac69er

Super Moderator
remove the efi pipe and just give it a quick run up the road and see what happens, that would eliminate that