last night came home then steam every were:mad:
the one that goes behind the thermostat:confused::confused:
any link or tips will be great as Rscs is 2 weeks and will get you a :beer:

alexgt

Member +
last night came home then steam every were:mad:
the one that goes behind the thermostat:confused::confused:
any link or tips will be great as Rscs is 2 weeks and will get you a :beer:

tis is a little vague. the what that goes behind the thermostat??:confused: is this where you think the steam is coming from????:confused:

YoungStig

Member +
were does the pipe go to and how the do i change/fix it.

its the pipe that is under the inlet mani then goes into the thermo but cant see were it goes.:confused:

monka

Member +
well it either goes up to the fire wall, or down to the water pump, but that is a metal one, most of it is anyway

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
id get some good jubilee clips too,the aftermarket pipes dont usally take to well to the original clamps

Jay

Admin
If it's the metal pipe that has started leaking then I've hit this problem before. It can be a bit tricky for access but esentially it's not a huge job.

The pipe is #16322 in the diagram:

coolingsystemdiagramnf9.jpg

Here's the parts info from when I needed one:

Jay said:
This pipe connects to the waterpump along the back of the engine block.

Due to the fact it is metal, this pipe can corrode (usually from the inside out) and on older models eventually leak. A healthy cooling system will help prolong it's lifespan.

Part number : 16322-11161
Price : £24.92
Pic:

brakepadsanddiscs1887dq9.jpg

(That price has probably changed BTW)

The pipe is clipped onto a joiner which leads to the thermo housing, held to the block by one bolt and plugs into the waterpump at the driverside end. There's a seal that's worth replacing so as it seals to the waterpump housing (#16322A in the diagram) so order that too.

Hope that covers it for ya.

Jay