help identifying hybrid ct9

ALaN

Member +
Just wondering of there is anyway if telling who built my new turbo. I bought it freshly rebuilt from a mate and we were both under the impression it was a tongs G spec but when he was speaking to the lad he got it from he said it came from japan on his car when he imported it.
I know the speed vision ones say speedvision on them as it's a new casting but do tongs mark theirs?
Also who else does hybrid ct9s? I can get up some pics if required.
Alan

Last edited:

ALaN

Member +
thanks for the quick reply mate, repped.
I knew the tongs ones still had toyota on them just wondered if they were engraved anywhere.
the ones in the link are different from mine too though lol.
mine seems to be a ct9b compressor housing on a ct9a turbine side, well I say that because it has an 8 blade exhaust turbine (I'm sure the b has 9 I maybe mistaken could be 7 & 8) but it doesnt say A on the compressor housing.
some pics
017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

ALaN

Member +
The inlet is solid I cant see me having any problems with it.
just hope someone can indentify it, even just ID the comp wheel.I'm looking forward to gettin this on now :drive:

Matchew

Member +
The inlet is solid I cant see me having any problems with it.
just hope someone can indentify it, even just ID the comp wheel.I'm looking forward to gettin this on now :drive:

Arent you bothered if you were sold a tongs and it isnt, i would be

ALaN

Member +
Na I got it from a mate at a VERY good price (Ive seen stock ct9s go for more lol) plus its just been rebuilt so better than my 136000km one lol.
if its a fail I'll just change it back

CMR

Member +
The GT spec has gone through quite alot of variants, even back from when Kitaro was doing CT9 hybrids.

Its a Tong spec turbo, but it could be one older than the current model

bucketep91

Member +
i dont think it is a tong either now, its definetly not a gt spec. the comp wheel as far as i know is loosely based on a ct26. its the same as the wheel that was in there so the rebuilder never used a different 1 because he couldnt find 1 to fit. i had it on my car for 2 days and it pulled really really well.
also if it was on the car before bieng imported it could be anything.
but then again it could be a tongs lol