Help Me Choose my Next Car!!

parkiboy

Member +
Thought id ask on here for an impartial view since it does not include a toyota :p

Well heres my situation, in about 4 years me and the girlfriend are moving to canada and I am looking for a car to pretty much stick with me till then...

My plan is to sell my DC2 as i need quick cash for a house deposit (looking to buy early next year) and get a newer car on finance....

Now i am not a fan of finance but I am not the best saver so i feel this is the best way since i can afford to do so. I intend to buy a house where i can move in 2 mates, they well pretty much cover my mortgage.... when the right time comes sell the house, sell the car and move to canada, hopefully by this time i will have a bit of money saved up also and have plenty of money for the move :)

Anyways onto the cars lol!! I need to decide asap, looking to buy in 4 weeks as this is when my insurance is due. Here are my choices...

Integra DC5 - around 8-10k, 31mpg, £1500 insurance
EP3 CTR - 6-8k, 31mpg, £1000 insurance (would have to fit a LSD :p )
350z GT - 10-14k, 24mpg, £950 insurance
RX8 231 - 6-8k, 24mpg(claimed but apparently alot less), £850 insurance

I have it set in my head that i dont want to pay much over a grand for insurance but i do have my heart set on a DC5 :(

But to note these are my best quotes so far, but havin said that i am 22, 3yrs ncb, 0 claims or convictions, so i dont think im going to get much better!!

I am looking for the best all round car, something i can live with pretty easily and is fun to drive, cheaper the better to run altho i do only do about 200-300 miles a week so its not a massive issue.

I am struggling to weigh up the pros and cons... i think the want for a DC5 is clouding my vision lol!

Also am i right to think the DC5 would probably depreciate the least due to its rarity??

parkiboy

Member +
thats not an option, insurance is silly on a subaru, and also on m3s, evo's and s2000's.

I originally wanted an m3 but i wont pay the 3.5k to insure it lol!

Also id rather get a UK EP3 and have a LSD fitted for cheaper insurance :)

I really want the DC5 but not sure if im prepared to pay the insurance price.

Sparky

Member +
Whats a decent LSD at least £500??

In that case I would spend the extra £500 on insuring a DC5.

Not common as muck then and alot better looking :)

Sigma

Member +
RX8s are the most unreliable, badly built, over rated heap I've had experience of.

They do absolutely nothing to the gallon, chew spark plugs, leads, coil packs, starter motors and batteries like they are going out of fashion.

I cannot tell you enough how much to steer clear :)

jonny-boi32

Member +
i was mad for dc5 for while but it takes alot of money to do any tuning to them, and its alot of money for what it is. but they are an awesome looking peice of machine. but for me i can insure an 05 sti for less than an dc5 and im only 22.

parkiboy

Member +
RX8s are the most unreliable, badly built, over rated heap I've had experience of.

They do absolutely nothing to the gallon, chew spark plugs, leads, coil packs, starter motors and batteries like they are going out of fashion.

I cannot tell you enough how much to steer clear :)

Im sorry mate but ill have to disagree with you, one of my mates had one and he had no problems what soever, he just got rid because of how much she drank!!

I also have a mate who works for mazda ringways and most problems they get with them are due to user negligence, they do need special care in comparison with piston engined cars.

i was mad for dc5 for while but it takes alot of money to do any tuning to them, and its alot of money for what it is. but they are an awesome looking peice of machine. but for me i can insure an 05 sti for less than an dc5 and im only 22.

Who was that insured with??? cheaperst quote ive had on an impreza is over 2k!! having said that i think id rather have a DC5 anyways... Its an evo or neither for me lol!

Whats a decent LSD at least £500??

In that case I would spend the extra £500 on insuring a DC5.

Not common as muck then and alot better looking :)

Yeah im dying for a DC5 and i tried to justify that too lol but i can get a decent type r and get an LSD fitted cheaper than buyin a DC5 and then its 500 quid cheaper to insure...

Ill probably end up with a DC5 tbh but i was hoping my days of paying silly money for insurance were over :( If i got a DC5 it would be more expensive to insure than the others every year and i doubt it would drop below a grand on the next renewal!

Johnny_B

Member +
I think that if your saving for a house and then to emigrate you should buy a cheap diesel!

Leave the luxuries for when your settled down.

Idrees

Banned
I am looking at the EP3 and the DC's too. Personally I like the EP3 a lot more, I'd have a nice EP3 over a Teg. I'm hoping for a Premier Edition in Cosmic Grey, or a JDM one in White. :cool:

Galen

Lifer
dc5's are boring, overrated and slow! Id keep the dc2 instead of a dc5.
And I dont know about over in England but they really depreciate over here! Friend of mine bought one about a year and a half ago, he paid 23000euro, he's being in Australia for the last 6 months and is going to get a big shock when he come's home because now they go for around 10000euro and ive even seen them go for less!

bucketep91

Member +
what about altezza? i had a shot of 1 last week and they are really nice to drive and quick enough and not too dear tbh
i think if i was buying another car an altezza would be a top candidate

Foggy

Member +
Dc2 is a better car to drive than a dc5 but the dc5 is easier car to live with. The dc5 would be my pick of the bunch.

GT_Irl

Member +
keep the dc2 and use finance to get a deposit on your new house!:p

DC5 Performance Statistics

0-60 mph : 6.8 seconds
Max Speed : 146mph

DC2 Performance Statsitics

0-60 mph: 6.2 Seconds
Max Speed: 145mph

and the dc2 is one of the best handling cars ever made..keep it dude! I think you may be slightly dissapointed with the dc5 even though it is a ridiculously good looking car!

parkiboy

Member +
the dc2 is a better drivers car i know but like i said i want something a bit newer and more refined... And lets be honest you wont see a noticeable difference on the road in performance...

Derek

Lifer
Dc5's are quicker than dc2's in my opinion having owned a dc2 and driven a dc5 numerous times id say the dc5 is quicker. Also far better as every day car imo.