Help needed in the brakes

mad_man

Fresh Recruit
Hi, can anyone please help me?? is the rear braking drums can be converted into disk brakes?? If yes, can anyone please tell me how? & if no, is the full rear bar with disc braking system available to buy?? How much it may cost??

dark_knight

Member +
drum-to-disc brake conversion

@ mad_man: yes mate. this is all very possible. did it on my NA glanza S conversion & it was superb. take a peek at some of the progress pix.. sorry, no image tags. too lazy.. :)
you'll need to source the parking brake cables too when getting the axle as the drum-type cables don't fit. other than that, all else is compatible. remember to bleed the system when done..

mad_man

Fresh Recruit
@ mad_man: yes mate. this is all very possible. did it on my NA glanza S conversion & it was superb. take a peek at some of the progress pix.. sorry, no image tags. too lazy.. :)
you'll need to source the parking brake cables too when getting the axle as the drum-type cables don't fit. other than that, all else is compatible. remember to bleed the system when done..

thnx brother, but i have a problem, i live in bangladesh, i m looking for the rear axle for about a year, but i can't find it in anywhere, so, is it possible to covert the drum type axle to the disk type??

dark_knight

Member +
cable tips

Jay beat me to responding.. :)
the parking brake cables still need to be swapped unless you can replace the stud at the end of the cable on the drum-type setup with a y-notch of sorts to fit the disk-type setup. even if you were to do this, the cable stop (slightly after the tip of the cable) will still need to be swapped to fit the brace on the disk-type setup. take another look at my brake transplant pix if you're confused. makes sense..?
working on tagging them so that they make more sense.. :D

dark_knight

Member +
sure thing mad_man. share your progress. i'm sure we'll be able to assist with the occasional hiccups, should there be any.. :)